lower channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ss_slayer

Original poster
Mar 31, 2006
Hello i just bought a 4dtv and i have just one question. i've programmed all satellites and i'm not having any trouble with the digital or analog channels but i don't know why i'm not getting any channels below channel 11 not even a little bit of signal can somebody help me??

hehehe, well yeah the channels do exist, but im not getting any signal like on G5 i'm not getting HBO on channel 8 or TBS on channel 6 but when a change for example to channel 18 i'm receiveng the signal from sci-fi. I tried G1-5 but i'm not getting any signal and dont have the DC lock on G1-3. but in other channels i have the DC lock

ohh, on channel 3 i just have the black pic and the message cannot find channel continuing to search, and on channel 5 i just have static

While you're on G1 channel 3, do a reboot. Unplug the receiver for about 15-30 seconds and plug it back up, let it reboot. If nothing else, you should get the current maps. Do you subscribe to anything yet?

Al

It sounds like G1 isn't dialed in at all. G1 is THE satellite you need to dial in good for 4DTV.

I think it's safe to say that you don't have a guide right now.

G1-3 will just be a black screen. Are you by chance using an undersized dish? This all sounds very much like my early experience with the 5' dish.

One think I noticed in your 'do get' chennels is that they are all even. Could your skew setting be off? Can you get anything on G1? Is this an all new install or did you replace an analog receiver with a 4DTV?

TP 11 & 12 (on G1) are church / shopping channels in the clear. If you can get one or the other, but not both, I'd look into a skew problem.

Last edited:
i did the re-boot but nothing happened, i'm subscribed for a ultraview basic package until i make all the settings. on G1 i'm getting cinemax channel 19 and the shop nbc channel on 12.
i just bought the 4dtv to replace my analog system, its the only thing that i replaced. and the dish is a 10 feet but thats because i live in puerto rico. when i made all the settings the first satellite that i set up was G1, i was getting all the HBOs AND cinemax and i did get the dc light on all of them except for the channel 3, so when i finnished with all the satellites i realized that all channels below channel 11 were not getting anything but static.

Ahh that explains a lot. When they swapped Galaxy 15 for G1R, many people South of the contiguous US are now not able to get everything on G1.

Only this sat should be affected though... can you tune to any of the DC channels, such as G1-150?

Not sure... This is an interesting problem. Especially if you can tune those same channels with your old receiver!

yes is very interesting i've been a satellite owner since 1986, and never seen something like this. but well.....and by the way i got rid of the old receiver a feww weeks ago

Status
Please reply by conversation.