Lower signal on 72.5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

purwater

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 2, 2004
Bluefield, VA
Is anyone having signal strength issues with the 72.5 sat? When I installed my 2 dishes about a month ago I got 93-94 consistently on my 72.5 sat and 95 on my 101 sat. I checked my sat signal on 72.5 a week ago and again yesterday and noticed it was in the 83-84 range. Same on all 4 receivers in the house. I ran through the transponders and all were within a couple percent of the 83 level. During a rain yesterday the levels dropped to the mid 50s and I got an occasional dropout. Today I tried to realign the dish figuring something might've bumped it out of position, but the 83-84 is the best signal possible. I know my signal is strong enough to watch, but I can't see what would cause this drop. I like to keep my dishes tuned to the max signal to reduce my rain fade. Any input is appreciated. Oh and the weather was clear today when I tried the realign.

Assuming you checked for obvious line of sight issues, it is possible water leaked into a connection point along the runs and/or the switch(s) (the effects could remain long after it stopped raining), or there is a loose/bad connector(s) or damage to the coax.

Yeah line of sight isn't an issue. I have a clear view of the sky with no trees for several miles in that direction. The multiswitch is mounted in a dry area and yesterday is the first rain we've had in several weeks. I noticed the signal drop last week before any rain. About the only place water could come in contact with a connector is at the lnb itself. I wouldn't think water could enter there very easily but I can check tomorrow.

Except for a few transponders, I'm getting 88-92 on my 72.5 dish. Transponders 18 and 24 seem to be hovering around 83 though. I'm in Champaign, IL.

Stan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)