Lower Sound Volume through stereo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

OSD771

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
Pokey
Ok so i switched a customer over from dish to direct, and they had their audio running through a stereo receiver, and with the dish hooked up the sound was normal, and i used the same cables, hooked up the directive, and now the customer has to turn up the stereo receiver all the way to get the same result.

any idea what could be causing this?
I went in to the settings on the receiver and set it to dolby 5.1, because that is what the stereo receiver is.

IDK it said dolby digital 5.1 on it, so i went into the receiver settings and switched it to that. I don't know much about home theater equipment, just satellite tv. :p

Ok so i switched a customer over from dish to direct, and they had their audio running through a stereo receiver, and with the dish hooked up the sound was normal, and i used the same cables, hooked up the directive, and now the customer has to turn up the stereo receiver all the way to get the same result.

I went in to the settings on the receiver and set it to dolby 5.1, because that is what the stereo receiver is.

I have had a related issue..............If you run audio from the IRD to the stereo and run the audio / video to the TV you get a delay that sounds like an echo..........ok for some music but annoying for speech. I have also noticed volume differences with different feeds that Directv is selling. Commercials do come out louder and volume from the local channel is often different from network channels or others in the lineup.

One thing I found works is...if there is an output for audio on the TV....run the audio from the TV to the stereo input. It eliminates the echo and you can control the volume with the TV remote to a desired setting...the Directv remote will still work for this.

This may not apply to all TVs.

Joe

what do you mean by the same cables? RCA (R/W/ audio), HDMI.

The audio receiver will need to a be multi-channel A/V unit; stereo is only 2 channel, thus set the DirecTV to stereo

Not all channels on DirecTV are DD so the audio A/V unit needs the ability to self switch audio types

but we need the details to help; otherwise we are simply guessing and there are too many variables.

Ok so i switched them from a Dish 722, and it was hooked up using HDMI cable, i installed a DTV HR24 and used the existing HDMI cable.
I am not sure of the complete set up because i did not dig into it much, i told him it is probably because the DTV broadcast is at a lower volume.

It just seems to me that the AV reciever is not setup right. I know on mine if you don't have it setup where it knows what speakers are hooked up (L R C SUB RL RR) when your output is anything other than 2 channel you can miss out on speech and sounds totally because they are being output to a speaker thats not hooked up or not there or it could be output too low on a small speaker. Eh, its complicated but I just tend to make sure my av reciever is setup in "Straight" mode with no enhancements or weird decoders so that what the DTV reciever is outputting goes straight to the speakers it was encoded to go to in the first place.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)