Loyal customer disgusted with "E"

texxas guy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
If "E" is truly monitoring this forum (which I will be surprised if they do), let me start by saying that as a business owner myself, if I treated a customer as you have, I would soon be kissing my business goodbye!
My story, and I will attempt to keep it as short as possible, is as follows:
I have been a customer for almost 6 years with an initial investment of over $600.00. Recently, I contacted Dish about upgrading to the 921 and was told by the CSR that would be no problem. Just pay the $549.00 and they would ship it to me. I told them the equipment I had (Dish 500 and SW64 switch) with a 4 room system, with All Everything Package. He said, that's great,,,,just connect the 921 and you're set................WRONG!!! I found that out only after posting on this great forum and the guys here informed me that what the CSR had told me was entirely incorrect,(THANKS AGAIN GUYS!!!). So anyway, I basically blew the whole 921 upgrade idea off, after reading about the upcoming MPEG4 conversion.
I then called back, and said what about a current customer getting the 522?
CSR said "at this time there is no program for existing customers on this unit."
Fine I said....please let me speak to a supervisor. After a very long wait, the supv. gets on and asks how she may assist me. I again related how long I had been a customer and how I would like a 522. She immediately goes into the spiel about how this unit is for new customers only and blah, blah....
Mind you, I was very polite the entire phone call, I simply stated that I had been a loyal (and profitable customer by the way) and simply wanted the convenience of this dual tuner PVR. She was VERY matter of fact and seemed to care less. Her whole attitude was, Well, that's the way it is. I was very surprised that a representative of what I think should be a very customer oriented business, could be so matter of fact. I then told her that I was going to cancel and could she handle that for me? She said no, I will have to transfer you to the cancellation dept. Then there was an immediate transfer to music in the background....no thank you,,,,nothing. I then waited for 15 minutes,before I was disconnected. :eek: UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just to see what would happen, I called back posing as a new customer. NO WAIT time by the way when you call in and select new customer option!!! Told them what I wanted. The were bending over backwards and even called me back twenty minutes later and for 2 days after that!!!
Bottom line...waiting til March and see what happens with Voom DVR and if not, going to Direct TV. How entirely unnecessary DISH!!!!!!!

forgot the best part................

The rep that called back also told me that the 921 would be "fully upgradeable, since it had plug in modules".............
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked

all the major providers have the problem of unknowledgable reps. dish just happens to be the worse of the three. the sad thing is they won an award for customer service.

I always ask the rep for their ID number before I even start talking to them. Keeps stuff like this from happening. They are required to give their ID number when you request it.

Like you, I don't believe anything is going to come of this forum. I seriously doubt that Dish Network is going to be monitoring this thread or give a hoot about what's said here. Think about an exit strategy that works best for you. My plan is to hold off until the next round of NFL Sunday ticket. That seems to be the best deal of the year to become a new sub (if you're into football). Typically, you sign up as a new sub and order NFLST, you get their "everything pack" for free for 3 months.

I want to see them add the HMO to TIVO before I go. Dish has mefor about 7 more months. If my 2 721s, 508 and 510 don't have NBR, they will be sold.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)