Loyal customer wants new HD service... But how?

emtownsend

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Post Falls, ID
I have been with Dish Network for six years now. Just today I was told by a Voom installer that I cannot get Voom due to the satellite being too low in the Eastern sky. I VERY much want HD but since I am a current Dish customer, I cannot get the HD receiver free like a new customer can.

My question:

Is there any way I can convince Dish to allow me to lease the 811 along with my current PVR receiver? It kills me to have to pay at least $99 (likely more) for a receiver that they are giving away like candy to everyone who hasn't been a loyal customer...
Thanks!

Stop into your local Dish Network retailer and ask about the "DISH’n It Up Promotional Program". They can get an 811 and installation for you for a nominal fee, HD programming commitment and overall programming commitment.

The retailer has to be the "retailer of record" (the one who originally set up the account) in order for them to do the DISH'n It Up promo. Otherwise, they have to call DISH Network, and set up an appointment for one of their people to do the upgrade.

Al

Yes! I called Dish... They will allow me to trade in my 301 (I have a 301 and a 510) for an 811 for no cost! If I wanted to add the receiver, and thus have three, then it would be $99. I called my "retailer of record" and he is working on getting me one now. He wanted my credit card "to qualify me"... What is that? Anyway, I don't care, as long as I can add HD! I am going to connect both receivers to my HDTV. This way, I can use the Pic-In-Pic features too. Thanks Al and CablerMN...!

emtownsend said:
I have been with Dish Network for six years now. Just today I was told by a Voom installer that I cannot get Voom due to the satellite being too low in the Eastern sky. I VERY much want HD but since I am a current Dish customer, I cannot get the HD receiver free like a new customer can.

My question:

Is there any way I can convince Dish to allow me to lease the 811 along with my current PVR receiver? It kills me to have to pay at least $99 (likely more) for a receiver that they are giving away like candy to everyone who hasn't been a loyal customer...
Thanks!

Inform them of your six year loyalty and that you plan to go to Voom. Let them give you a deal. Don't let them know it will be a problem to go with Voom. Six years is a long time! They should be happy to support you; or am I dreaming about their appreciation of your loyalty?
:rolleyes:

emtownsend said:
... He wanted my credit card "to qualify me"... What is that? Anyway, I don't care, as long as I can add HD!
OK, I'll give you HD even quicker if you just give me your credit card number. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts