LPB again?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

B.J.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Western Maine
I'm curious whether people are having better luck with LPB on AMC21 today?

A month or 2 ago, shortly after I moved my Primestar, I started getting LPB pretty well, but after a couple days of good reception, it went away, and I didn't get a HINT of a lock since.
Today, I was browsing though the channels, and LPB was back, and fairly strong signal too, solid, and no dropouts at all. And it was drizzling rain at the time.
That's just one weird transponder. Sometimes I can lock it and other times I can't, and yet it doesn't seem to be a signal strength thing. Something is interfering.

I have been getting LPB for the last week with no problem on a 90cm dish.

This is interesting, 'cause I was getting ready to dig up the old LPB thread. I looked at mine the night before last, and LPB was pegged at 99% on my CS8000 and playing perfectly for the first time in a month! :eek:
I remember pulling half my hair out re-peaking a dish that didn't need
re-peaking! And in doing so temporarily lost my other PBS's too. But I just set it for the best quality on the national PBS HD feeds, and figured LPB was out of reach. A few months before that, it also (LPB) played perfectly, so I agree about some type of interference. I have a 1.2 meter Primestar/Channel Master on AMC-21 so it's definitely not a dish size problem! :D:up

I have been enjoying LPB without a problem since reading about it here last month. It's a nice addition to the other PBS feeds.

Now I have a question...It states 20% roll off in the specs on their website. I'm unfamiliar with that term. What is that in reference to?

i can not lock LPB every time i scan said failed any suggestion Q yump up to 60% and trhe go to 0 this is the tp 12072 s/r 1322 H 3/5 DVBS2

Last edited:
for the first time ever I have LPB here in Minnesota after the supper hour

Moved the 1.2m dish and swapped out the C-Band for KU and pegged the meter on 12180 & 12140 (well 90)....hooked up to the COolsat 8000 and dialed in LPB

starts at 74 jumps to 99.....usually DVB-S2 starts at 1 then jumps to 99

by the way...76cm dish....ZIPPO quality

for the first time ever I have LPB here in Minnesota after the supper hour

Moved the 1.2m dish and swapped out the C-Band for KU and pegged the meter on 12180 & 12140 (well 90)....hooked up to the COolsat 8000 and dialed in LPB

starts at 74 jumps to 99.....usually DVB-S2 starts at 1 then jumps to 99

by the way...76cm dish....ZIPPO quality
I fully believe dish size is critical with LPB. I have a 1.2m P* at 125 and get excellent reception on it. (Although I have had dropouts on occasion -maybe weather-related) :confused:

I fully believe dish size is critical with LPB. I have a 1.2m P* at 125 and get excellent reception on it

I've got a 90cm pointed at 125 and LPB comes and goes all the time. Sometimes Q will be as high as 90% on my CS8000 other times zip.

My first time getting this today -- 60% on the Coolsat using a Primestar and a .2 LNB

I'm sure it's the Primestar talking, but I've never gotten anything above 40% on S2 yet. Hopefully it'll survive the upcoming rainstorm today.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts