LPB Feeds on 87W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

VE2FCZ

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 22, 2016
St Rémi Quebec Canada
LPB feeds are breaking up while all others channels are strongs.
Am i the only one?

Fortec star 90 CM dish Manhattan DJ 1997 stb.

Played with the frequency and symbol rate with no luck.

Thank VE2FCZ

No this is common on that mux.

LPB feeds are breaking up while all others channels are strongs.
Am i the only one?

Fortec star 90 CM dish Manhattan DJ 1997 stb.

Played with the frequency and symbol rate with no luck.

Thank VE2FCZ
Coming in fine here. 90cm Fortec Star w/ Titanium PLL-1KS lnb (11811 H 11150).

I have had the same problem here recently I have swap lnbs still no luck. I have been trying to get that mux back I had it maxed out at 50q on a 10 degree side lobe.

Reactions: gpflepsen
My question is, why is this transponder so problematic? Is it a function of TP power only? Those that get this 100% of the time, what is your setup? Is a 1.2m necessary for reliable reception?

Sent from a phone, probably while I'm driving over the speed limit through a school zone with construction workers present.

The uplinker uses a PCI based encoder/modulator. My guess is that some TS parameter is not completely DVBS compliant. Some uplinkers encode for ATSC distribution and this can cause issues with some DVBS receivers.

Are there any, or which DVBS receivers don't seem to hiccup on the signal.

Sent from a phone, probably while I'm driving over the speed limit through a school zone with construction workers present.

I am using a 75e dish and did have to do a slight tweak of my dish early last month to lessen (and almost totally eliminate) the periods of signal loss. The signal quality is down from a couple of months ago, so any variation in their uplink has a more dramatic impact. Tonight I am getting one of the higher SQ readings (56-57 on the AZBox, whereas usually it is in the low to mid 50s).

I have been using https://satsignature.com/plot/america/ses-2 to plot when I see lower (or no) readings. For example, the last time I didn't have a signal (March 29) I was able to see that their uplink had dropped considerably from readings I had taken previously (so, in other words, no thoughts of rushing to the dish to see whether another tweak would help).

Other than the March 29th loss, I haven't see a complete loss (and I fairly frequently check the signal) since I did my slight tweak early in March.

I got dual output lnb just for that Sat along with 103w ku. I really like shows we don't get herein NE Indiana.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)