LPB Gone? SES2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Anyone notice that LPB is gone from SES2? Couldn't see the British shows Saturday night. Even Lyngsat is reporting a change to the LPB MUX.

Signal is booming at this moment, all three channels present and accounted for. They do disappear from time to time.

LOL. Actually LPB3 Create, about as mundane as Barney ;) I've been having issues with a horizontal Ku LNB circuit on my Bullseye. I think it was an over heated multi-switch issue. I swapped it out and I am monitoring the function. SO far no more issue. :)

its that time of year when school is back in session so they (LPB) sometimes put feeds on that transponder every now and then which knocks of LPB

its that time of year when school is back in session so they (LPB) sometimes put feeds on that transponder every now and then which knocks of LPB

Especially high school football! Unfortunately, that usually happens every other Saturday or so during the season, so you'll be missing a lot of your Britcoms. Just FYI, OETA puts a lot of their Britcoms late on Sunday night -- set your timer :)

I've noticed that those feeds have been MIA at times in the last week or so but they're up today. I get three channels on 11806 H 11150 and that TP is a good strong one @ 85% Q on the S9.

LOL. Actually LPB3 Create, about as mundane as Barney ;) I've been having issues with a horizontal Ku LNB circuit on my Bullseye. I think it was an over heated multi-switch issue. I swapped it out and I am monitoring the function. SO far no more issue. :)

What kind of switches do you prefer?
?

Anyone notice that LPB is gone from SES2? Couldn't see the British shows Saturday night. Even Lyngsat is reporting a change to the LPB MUX.
Don't scare me! It's my only source for PBS since the tree leaves won't let me look through to 125W right now. All 3 channels are fine now including the fourth channel with color bars on 11804 H 1250.

LPB was out again this past Saturday night during the British sitcoms. After performing a blind scan a football game appeared. The next morning LPB was on again. Very frustrating!

Just gotta remember that those feeds really aren't there for us...the end user. Heck I scanned the PR mux on G16 yesterday and picked up a new channel. Scanned in as channel 4 and had a football game on it. As soon as the game was over the channel disappeared. They come and go.

I'm so lazy...I love watching the Britcoms on PBS and on Netflix, although I own most of them on DVD already. How pathetic is that LOL

When LPB is showing La. sports (usually high schools), they drop the pbs signals and feed the game to the stations. You can expect the pbs channels to be out anytime (as in sporadic) from Friday night to Sunday morning during football season and also during basketball as well.

Local PBS stations seem to have a mind of their own when it comes to programming. That's why I love having the ability to receive the network feeds directly from the source. I can either choose to watch the local PBS programing or the national feed.

I have better luck this year with PBS on sats other than 125W. I have temporary dish on 87W ku just for LPB. When all else fails, C band on 103W.

My 90cm dish on AMC21 has been tweaked to the max and have tried different things to resolve sporadic low signals that come and go and I am starting to think it interference from elsewhere.

I have been having signal problems with 125W for 3 months. Sometimes it is fine. Other times I see it pulse from 0 to 55 constantly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)