LPB moved to 87?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Make sure the DiseqC position saved is 0 before you switch from USALS to DiseqC otherwise the motor will automatically start moving to the saved position without you realizing what is going on.

Zeroing first is a good point. Although I use the Goto X command to go to a saved position of an adjacent satellite so I have a reference from which to start motoring. Doing this, it should only be a short motor of 2 degrees or so to get to the desired satellite. Once the weather warms I'll take all the gear outside and stand beside the dish so I can see exactly what's happening. That may clear up the issue. Now I'm in the dark a little since I can only see from the house generally what the dish does when I issue commands.

Changing the position to 0 and then assigning a new unsaved position number is good advice as I had to find it out the hard way when I'd get a sat lined up and try to bump it only to have the dish move to the prior saved spot. The s9 and S10 behave identically so diseq works very well as the day to day motor control.

...The s9 and S10 behave identically so diseq works very well as the day to day motor control.
The behaviour of any receiver is directly related to the version of firmware being used. What version firmware are you referring to when you say the above? I am using 2011Aug30 S9 firmware since I've found this to be the best firmware including improving the timer performance so the PVR is useable (with perhaps the reported glitch for daily recordings) and adding multiple column layout for scanned stations. The motor control of this version doesn't compare favorably with my Coolsat 7000 which operates exactly as one would expect it should.

...I just find that once the sat is locked in, a lot easier to adjust with a bump here or a bump there using diseq than to fuss around with USALS settings...
I use an S9 with a universal LNB set for 10600, 22kHz ON so I only blind scan the high band. Just learned this from another forum: "With S9/S10, when using DiseqC 1.2 motor controls and manually “bumping” the motor position, the signal meter cuts out on vertical, making it difficult to impossible to peak on vertical transponders."

I just tested this. And this is the cure to the problem I've experienced for a long time but never knew why. Problem of bumping dish is solved, as long as there is an active horizontal tp that I can tune to. However, LPB is horizontal so this is not a factor for that satellite. I'm thinking of getting a better LNB such as Spitfire or Avenger. My current Multi-star so-called "0.1 dB" LNB is probably mundane.

Is everybody aware of the change in LPB symbol rate? I understand it has changed to 11150 just this week. Perhaps updating this parameter could help in reception. A little of their signal did squeak through here last night so I know they are still there. Interested in hearing from anybody in Nova Scotia to compare in real time reception results of LPB.

Hi, I just popped in to see why I wasn't getting the LPB channels. Thanks for the
update Cyberham, on the SR numbers.

They're coming in now at about 51% on my AZ Prem-HD. Oh yeah, sorry, but I'm
not down east, (but Mom is from the Tatamagouche area though, hehe), I'm in
Wawa Ont. (north of the Sault, 250Km)

Cloud cover is rather thick today, the signal may strengthen when it clears.

Cheers.

LPB2 and LPB3 are so clear tonight. I haven't received like this for months. No LPBHD video at all, but audio is perfect. Wonder if others are seeing any differences tonight?

Added: Re-scanned and now all 3 LPB stations clear with perfect video including LPBHD.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts