Lyngsat Galaxy19 (AM5) RT 12152 SR:20000 lost transponder 10/22

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ponitora

Original poster
Previously (still) working system, AM5/ Galaxy19 LyngSat Oregon USA 143.3° 33.0°: TP 12152 SR: 20000 (RT) transponder lost reception on SonicView SV360 with 1.75P firmware, lost reception on TP 12152:20000 beginning 10/22, all other transponders received... any idea on what the issue may be? We've had a lot of damp weather here and I've heard that an LNB can selectively fail on a particular frequency or frequencies if dampness gets inside?? TIA

Looked at this again and it appears all of the Galaxy19 TP's with horizontal polarity are not working, while all vertical polarity TP's are working... weird. LNB problem? Or receiver? BTW I've had to change the LNB before due to failure. Just got a cheapie off ebay 10750 single for FTA I think it was about $10. Can anyone recommend a better one noting this crappy rainy climate? Thanks again

Welcome to SatGuys, Ponitora!

Could be your LNB, receiver settings, or a switch problem if you have one in the setup. Could be bad cable connections maybe, too. I've had good luck with the Avenger PLL LNBs:

Amazon product ASIN B0087OTUJI
It is a universal, not standard, so you'd have to change your LO in your receiver form 10750 to 9750/10600 or just 10600.

Place the receiver on a horizontal channel and use a voltmeter to test the coax cable at the dish for 18Vdc. If not getting 18VDC at the dish check the Install menu that the LNB power is set to automatic (13/18), check clean all connectors (place a dab of dielectric silicone grease in each fitting, inspect the coax for sharp bends/cuts or other damage. If there is 18Vdc at dish, the LNBF has likely failed.

If you replace the LNBF the Amiko L104, Titanium KS1PLL and GEOSATpro SL1PLL are very good PLL LNBFs with lower current draw than the Avenger.

If you replace the LNBF the Amiko L104, Titanium KS1PLL and GEOSATpro SL1PLL are very good PLL LNBFs with lower current draw than the Avenger.

The current draw for the GEOSATpro SL1PLL is rated at 160ma and for the Avenger PLL321S-2 at 165ma. Not much of a difference!

Welcome to the site ponitora!!!!!

Yep I would do like Titanium said to find the issue. I have seen this caused several times from just bad coax or connectors that have had water get in.

Yep Titanium has done extensive bench and real world testing on lots of LNB/LNBF's. :)

Check your connections water will mess things up move the wire around to see if it was a bad connection. Amiko makes great lnbs plus titiaum does to.

Then the spec sheet for the Sl1PLL is not correct. At least the one I'm looking at. I wonder if the spec sheet for the Avenger is incorrect as well?
Did you actually bench test the various LNBs for current draw?

link to specs. https://www.glorystar.tv/p/shop/?ws_pid=1621&ws_cat=433

I'd suspect the Avenger is probably a little lower also, I might check it just for the hell of it. A good manufacturer wouldn't put their current draw rating right at what it is but a bit higher, which explains the Sl1PLL rating, a good manufacturer made it. I've never actually used a Sl1PLL, so I can't comment on how good it is.

Thanks for all the replies, all very informative. I replaced the LNB with the PLL recommendation above, and all is well. I also purchased a Satlink ws-6906 meter to tune the dish more accurately on AM5, and I'm very happy with the result. If only the Satlink ws-6906 had a remote I'd be done looking for a new receiver, to replace a blown SV-360... Yes, I am not so happy trying to find a replacement receiver to receive Galaxy 19 (AM5). I'll address those issues in the FTA receiver forum...
thanks again! steve

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts