Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Release Date?

I am still waiting for my redemtion key to download it since I purchased a new Macbook Pro.

I am kind of disapointed they haven't sent it yet.

I am still waiting for my redemtion key to download it since I purchased a new Macbook Pro.

I am kind of disapointed they haven't sent it yet.

Bummer. But I read there were problems with that, and a fix was going out today.

I am very pleased with the enhancements. Its not really a new OS, just a significant improvement in features that enhance integration of a user's devices.

I started the download before we went out for my son's birthday (it was reporting just over two hours to download 4+ GB). When we got back, I started the install on the Mac Mini.

I thought I was down to 8 minutes left, but now the Install OS X progress bar says 19.

I'm looking forward to seeing the changes. Thanks for being on the Bleeding Edge, Rocky!

"Less than a minute"... Why does it feel like it's been saying that for five? Time Dilation Field is making this go on f-o-r-e-v-e-r...

Install succeeded! Now rebooting into Mountain Lion for the first time.

Hmmm, no option for AirPlay Mirroring on the Late 2009 Mac Mini :( And, as expected, my Mac Pro 1.1 told me that Mountain Lion is not supported with this version. I ran a Software Update just the same and downloaded a number of the updates Apple unleashed yesterday like iPhoto, iWork, and iMovie, and Safari 6, too.

I just saw a mention that the EFI update to support PowerNap was released for the 2011 and up MacBook Airs. A busy day for Apple!

Edit: Hmmm, there may be a ray of hope: http://www.jabbawok.net/?p=47 explains how to shoehorn Mountain Lion onto a Mac Pro 1.1 after upgrading to a supported graphics card.

Last edited:
Hmmm, no option for AirPlay Mirroring on the Late 2009 Mac Mini :( And, as expected, my Mac Pro 1.1 told me that Mountain Lion is not supported with this version. I ran a Software Update just the same and downloaded a number of the updates Apple unleashed yesterday like iPhoto, iWork, and iMovie, and Safari 6, too.

I just saw a mention that the EFI update to support PowerNap was released for the 2011 and up MacBook Airs. A busy day for Apple!

Edit: Hmmm, there may be a ray of hope: How I installed Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion on my 2006 MacPro 1,1 | Jabbawok's Blog explains how to shoehorn Mountain Lion onto a Mac Pro 1.1 after upgrading to a supported graphics card.

Thanks for the info on the software update.

I just clicked update software, AND it now opens in the App Store Update area. All integrated, just the way THEY want it to be. Not so much for many developers, but Apple is certainly pushing that single point of purchase for software.

took almost 2 hours on the phone with apple but i finally have mountain lion. evidently, i had a corrup file in my applications folder. had to do a fresh install of lion first to correct the problem!

Scott Greczkowski said:
I still haven't got my code. The apple support forum is full of pissed off people.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I just put in for a code this afternoon.

I thought I had replied already, but I must have forgotten to press "Send" before shutting down last night. I installed Mountain Lion on my 2011 MacBook Air last night. AirPlay works as advertised, almost better than when using the mini-DVI to HDMI adapter I bought for the Air. The big advantage is no cables!

My wife is complaining that the Mac Mini was running slower, but it may be Firefox having an issue with ML. I don't see it with Safari on the Mini.

When I downloaded the Installer for my Air, I made sure to save a copy on my NAS so I can make a bootable USB if I decide to reinstall on the Mini. Also, if I decide to play with trying to upgrade my Mac Pro, I need someplace to start. But the installer is over 4GB, so I'll need a bigger thumb drive.

I thought I had replied already, but I must have forgotten to press "Send" before shutting down last night. I installed Mountain Lion on my 2011 MacBook Air last night. AirPlay works as advertised, almost better than when using the mini-DVI to HDMI adapter I bought for the Air. The big advantage is no cables!

My wife is complaining that the Mac Mini was running slower, but it may be Firefox having an issue with ML. I don't see it with Safari on the Mini.

When I downloaded the Installer for my Air, I made sure to save a copy on my NAS so I can make a bootable USB if I decide to reinstall on the Mini. Also, if I decide to play with trying to upgrade my Mac Pro, I need someplace to start. But the installer is over 4GB, so I'll need a bigger thumb drive.

I read that you need an 8GB flash drive as an installer. Or just a DVD. The Lion Boot Disk utility will work for it.

I got my code this afternoon. Got it installed. Havent really played with it yet to see what new. I see the new notifications... does that mean I should uninstall Growl now?

I got my code this afternoon. Got it installed. Havent really played with it yet to see what new. I see the new notifications... does that mean I should uninstall Growl now?

Got mine at work yesterday as well. It was downloading when I left, my work connection is quick, but not that quick. I'll install it on Monday.

Apple: Mountain Lion Downloads Top Three Million
8:34a ET July 30, 2012 (Benzinga)

Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) today announced that downloads of OS X® Mountain Lion have exceeded three million in four days, making it the most successful OS X release in Apple's history. With more than 200 innovative new features, Mountain Lion is the ninth major release of the world's most advanced desktop operating system and is available through the Mac® App Store™ as an upgrade to Lion or Snow Leopard users for $19.99 (US).

“Just a year after the incredibly successful introduction of Lion, customers have downloaded Mountain Lion over three million times in just four days, making it our most successful release ever,” said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing.

Stock was up 1.69% today. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)