Macy's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
Had Macy's up this morning for some background music while I was catching up on the message board. The usual slate was up that changes store pictures once in a while. Suddenly a 15 minute count down started with a B&W animated flyby. We sweep past 3D buildings, trucks, airports, all with Macy's logo. After the countdown ended a training video for shoplifting started. Quite a surprise difference from the slate that has been up forever.
I did a fresh scan of 105w, Macy's came in at

11860 V 3547

I have been suspicious that my lnb L.O. might be off. Can someone do a fresh scan of this for comparison.

10-23-11_1024.jpg

Thanks Brent, just what I thought, my Invacom I installed a week ago is running 4 meg high. Been having trouble with ch's scanned in previously.

Thanks Brent, just what I thought, my Invacom I installed a week ago is running 4 meg high. Been having trouble with ch's scanned in previously.

What Invacom? I have an SNH-031 that's 6MHz high on high-band. Low-band isn't as bad, but is still off, going by the few published Atlantic signals I can pick up. (My previous LNB wasn't universal so I can't do a direct comparision.)

What Invacom? I have an SNH-031 that's 6MHz high on high-band. Low-band isn't as bad, but is still off, going by the few published Atlantic signals I can pick up. (My previous LNB wasn't universal so I can't do a direct comparision.)

It is a SNF-031 has a C-120 flange. Don't know if it is the same as yours, but same problem, high on the high band, low band ok.
I don't know how old it is as I bought it used from someone on the board last year.

Have the Invacom replaced under the company's 5 year warranty. The published spec is less than 3mhz drift and eccessive LO shifts should be covered.

Mine was bought secondhand on ebay from someone who claimed it was unused, although I doubt that because the case didn't look pristine and it came with no paperwork even though it was in the original box.

Pixl, yours is the same as mine, except without an integrated feedhorn.

You guys are pikers, I have a Ku dish thats 18 (yes thats 18) mHz off. No matter the LNB, no matter the receiver, no matter the switch, its 18 mHz off. LOL

Nobody can explain it, nor duplicate it, but I can show you...LOL

Hey Stogie, do you do these experiments BEFORE or AFTER a tall cold one ! :) Just trying to analyze the phenomenon . LOL

Believe me I WISH I could chalk it up to that. I been going NUTS trying to figure out what it is. I was sure it was the LNB, nope. Then I was sure it was my Sathawk malfunctioning, nope, the Vantage does it too. Then I was sure it was the diseqc and the multiswitch, so I changed those, nope, same thing. About the only thing I haven't changed is the coax itself and the ground block at the dish.

Stogie, do you have two dishes close enough together to completely swap their cabling system ? It would be fascinating if it were the dish itself .. :) It could go down in history as the "Cajun Parabola Phenomenon" . It would be nice to hear the end of the story. :)
Regards, you young guy !

The problem for me is that some one post a hot feed, He might be a bit low, I'm 4 meg high, and I miss the feed. I guess I could live with it and subtract 4 meg befire I post some thing, I'd rather have one that is closer on freq.
SatAv, do you know if I can get warranty when I'm not the original purchaser, and I have no paperwork on it? I do also have the original box if that helps.

I have a circular LNB that ended up 30+ higher than it should be. Changed the LO on the Pansat down to 11220 and all was fine. Checked it before this post and it had gone up another 4, so replaced it with one rescued (by my wife, no less!) from a roadside throwaway pirate pizza dish!

Unfortunately I have a receiver that doesn't let you specify an arbitrary LO frequency, you can only choose from the preset ones.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)