Made in USA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sometimes I forget that this forum is viewed by folks from countries other than the United States, and believe me when I say that I am not anti-Canadian, or anti-Mexican, or anti-Anyone when I talk about being proud of the U.S. We all can, and should be proud of our respective countries, but the USA is mine.

I want to drive my American Car to my American job. I want to believe that in some small way my work has been important. I want to come home and eat my steak from Texas and my potatoes from Idaho. I want to drink my beer from Milwaukee and watch my American TV sitting in my American made chair. Whenever I have the choice, I want to buy American made products that keep Americans working. Regardless of changing politics or world views I remain "Always Faithful" - Semper Fidelis.

And I want to ride in an airplane made in the USA, Everett WA to be exact. Made by men and women who take PRIDE in their work. And with satellite TV and communications designed and built in the USA. (Sorry, the TVs are not US built, but the diode antennas and the electronics still are.

Made of parts from ?????

Just like frozen fish here in Canada is Product of Canada if 51% of the cost is incured in Canada. The fish is from??????

Here deep in Southeast Texas, right on the Gulf of Mexico (10 minute drive), it is absolutely impossible to go to the store and buy ANY sort of seafood or freshwater fish that comes from the USA. 100% of it comes from third world countries where there are no laws about pollution, no regards for health, no regards for nature conservation, only an intense desire to rape the planet for maximum profit. Places where they dump raw sewer straight into the water ways and oceans, dump chemicals and toxins and who knows what else. Places where they over fish, threatening extinction to many species that are so close to vanishing forever from this earth.

This not only applies to stores, it applies to restaurants as well. At least in a store SOME packages have a label telling you the country of origin. Restaurants will not tell you. It's not listed in the menus and if you ask the staff, they will not know or will lie to you.

The Gulf of Mexico is a huge dead zone now from all the poisons that flow into it via Mississippi river. Sewage and chemical run off from farms. Toxins sprayed on Monsanto GM crops that are perverting nature and giving rise to mutant pests that require ever stronger, ever more toxic poisons to fight them off which gives rise to more mutations and stronger toxins and more mutations and more toxins.

I no longer eat sea food because of it all coming from third world countries. I used to love fish, in moderation.

Humans, are not so smart. We like to think we are but we are destroying the only place we have to live.
What then? Will we eat dirt, drink septic salt water and wear SPF 100,000,000,000,000,000 sunscreen?

The Gulf of Mexico is a huge dead zone now from all the poisons that flow into it via Mississippi river. Sewage and chemical run off from farms. Toxins sprayed on Monsanto GM crops that are perverting nature and giving rise to mutant pests that require ever stronger, ever more toxic poisons to fight them off which gives rise to more mutations and stronger toxins and more mutations and more toxins.

I no longer eat sea food because of it all coming from third world countries. I used to love fish, in moderation.

Sewage from farms???? :confused:
Animal waste could be coming from some farms but sewage comes from towns and cities which means from people! Chemicals on farms in North America are managed quite well today and are safer than they used to be. Any sewage or chemical residue most likely was washed into the rivers due to the extreme weather we have been having. That includes plant food too!

Not too long ago it was only possible to look at contaminants like in water down to parts per million (PPM) and now technology allows us to go parts per billion (PPB). It must of been close to 20 years ago a water pollution study (DER,EPA) was done and it included the most agriculturely contaminated water wells in the US. According to the study the worst water actually was found in small towns where the sewers overflowed during storms and people over apply chemicals on their lawns and gardens which ends up in the water. The first time that I saw these study results on TV was in the last few years but for some reason it did not make the news too quickly. I heard about the results shortly after the study was completed at a chemical application safety meeting. I think the study was on a news segment blasting agriculture practices in the wake of recent food recalls. If you check into it, most recalls on veggies were on organic farms and not from "toxic chemical" farms.

When I was a kid I enjoyed swimming in Lake Erie and it had this neat goo on the bottom that was fun to play with. Wearing an old pair of sneakers made walking in the goo more bearable. I found out later that that goo was sewage washed our way from the Cleveland area! Today you can see the lake bottom but back then the water was "cloudy"!! There also used to be a big scare on mercury levels in the fish from Lake Erie. Now they say just to eat it in moderation instead of do not eat the fish at all. I saw a show on The History Channel talking about mercury levels in fish that was entombed with the pharaohs in ancient Egypt. The mercury level is much higher than in todays fish! So was the mercury always in the fish or did the ancients do something to put mercury in their catch???

My dad raised the best tasting potatoes on his farm! I do not like the russet type or as most people call them "Idaho potatoes". In the eighties the chemical bug control on potatoes pretty much quit working due to over application. They had to be sprayed every week for bugs pretty much up until up to harvest. Due to "evil" companies like Monsanto new safer chemicals with a different mode of action have been developed. The hero for the potatoes is Bayer - yes the aspirin people. The Bayer product is much safer and is applied at planting and further application of insecticide needed is minimal. Safer weaker products can be used instead of double and triple combinations of highly toxic chemicals which were applied more often years ago.

Monsanto's biggest advance in GM (Genectically modified) crops is Roundup Ready corn and soybeans. Roundup is a safe herbicide (Available at Walmart too!) which normally kills any small green plants like weeds and tomatoes or whatever. It is safe and does not build up in the soil like other chemicals. Basically the lab places or breeds (Like a test tube baby!) a natural gene into the plants so Roundup will not kill the corn or soybeans. Again less toxic chemicals in the enviroment. Another great advance is BT corn. BT has a fancy name but basically it is a natural bacteria that keeps bugs off of crops so again less chemicals are applied to the corn crops. Our ancestors bred better plants too by selecting the healthy plants (Better genes) and planted them along with other plants which created even better plants over time.

The technology is available today (In the labs) to stack (Bandstacked???) more genes onto plants for growing affordable medicine ingredients which would make them safer than most todays pills. They could get only what is needed instead of a general ingredient that covers a wide spectrum and causes side effects. Who would want that??? Not too long ago there was a stink about people going into Canada and buying affordable medicines which "could possibly not be $afe". The medicines all came from the same factories so why would affordable not be $afe???

The thing that bothers me about a lot of people who complain the most about food safety is their lack of morals. What do they do on the weekends or whenever. They go around screwing (Can I say that here??) anybody and sometimes anything! They pierce and tattoo every area of their their bodies to the extreme! Their bodies consume things that are drank or smoked or inhaled or injected or applied or whatever! Cosmetic surgery, botox (Which is highly toxic and used to kill rats too!) injections, hair colorings, pills to get you up or down are taken daily, energy drinks, etc., etc.. So is it really something in the water??? Is it the chemicals in food production??? I do not like seeing all that imported food either whether it be from places we never heard of or just are not friendly nations.

:up Produce of U.S.A.!!! :flag:

And Canada! :canada:

I guess that I said a mouthful! :D

Last edited:
Sewage from farms???? :confused:
Animal waste could be coming from some farms but sewage comes from towns and cities which means from people! Chemicals on farms in North America are managed quite well today and are safer than they used to be. Any sewage or chemical residue most likely was washed into the rivers due to the extreme weather we have been having. That includes plant food too!

Not too long ago it was only possible to look at contaminants like in water down to parts per million (PPM) and now technology allows us to go parts per billion (PPB). It must of been close to 20 years ago a water pollution study (DER,EPA) was done and it included the most agriculturely contaminated water wells in the US. According to the study the worst water actually was found in small towns where the sewers overflowed during storms and people over apply chemicals on their lawns and gardens which ends up in the water. The first time that I saw these study results on TV was in the last few years but for some reason it did not make the news too quickly. I heard about the results shortly after the study was completed at a chemical application safety meeting. I think the study was on a news segment blasting agriculture practices in the wake of recent food recalls. If you check into it, most recalls on veggies were on organic farms and not from "toxic chemical" farms.

When I was a kid I enjoyed swimming in Lake Erie and it had this neat goo on the bottom that was fun to play with. Wearing an old pair of sneakers made walking in the goo more bearable. I found out later that that goo was sewage washed our way from the Cleveland area! Today you can see the lake bottom but back then the water was "cloudy"!! There also used to be a big scare on mercury levels in the fish from Lake Erie. Now they say just to eat it in moderation instead of do not eat the fish at all. I saw a show on The History Channel talking about mercury levels in fish that was entombed with the pharaohs in ancient Egypt. The mercury level is much higher than in todays fish! So was the mercury always in the fish or did the ancients do something to put mercury in their catch???

My dad raised the best tasting potatoes on his farm! I do not like the russet type or as most people call them "Idaho potatoes". In the eighties the chemical bug control on potatoes pretty much quit working due to over application. They had to be sprayed every week for bugs pretty much up until up to harvest. Due to "evil" companies like Monsanto new safer chemicals with a different mode of action have been developed. The hero for the potatoes is Bayer - yes the aspirin people. The Bayer product is much safer and is applied at planting and further application of insecticide needed is minimal. Safer weaker products can be used instead of double and triple combinations of highly toxic chemicals which were applied more often years ago.

Monsanto's biggest advance in GM (Genectically modified) crops is Roundup Ready corn and soybeans. Roundup is a safe herbicide (Available at Walmart too!) which normally kills any small green plants like weeds and tomatoes or whatever. It is safe and does not build up in the soil like other chemicals. Basically the lab places or breeds (Like a test tube baby!) a natural gene into the plants so Roundup will not kill the corn or soybeans. Again less toxic chemicals in the enviroment. Another great advance is BT corn. BT has a fancy name but basically it is a natural bacteria that keeps bugs off of crops so again less chemicals are applied to the corn crops. Our ancestors bred better plants too by selecting the healthy plants (Better genes) and planted them along with other plants which created even better plants over time.

The technology is available today (In the labs) to stack (Bandstacked???) more genes onto plants for growing affordable medicine ingredients which would make them safer than most todays pills. They could get only what is needed instead of a general ingredient that covers a wide spectrum and causes side effects. Who would want that??? Not too long ago there was a stink about people going into Canada and buying affordable medicines which "could possibly not be $afe". The medicines all came from the same factories so why would affordable not be $afe???

The thing that bothers me about a lot of people who complain the most about food safety is their lack of morals. What do they do on the weekends or whenever. They go around screwing (Can I say that here??) anybody and sometimes anything! They pierce and tattoo every area of their their bodies to the extreme! Their bodies consume things that are drank or smoked or inhaled or injected or applied or whatever! Cosmetic surgery, botox (Which is highly toxic and used to kill rats too!) injections, hair colorings, pills to get you up or down are taken daily, energy drinks, etc., etc.. So is it really something in the water??? Is it the chemicals in food production??? I do not like seeing all that imported food either whether it be from places we never heard of or just are not friendly nations.

I guess that I said a mouthful! :D

Sewage from cities and towns being dumped into the waterways. I should have been a little more clear on that.

You need to see "Food Inc." It airs from time to time on PBS. It will open your eyes to the evils of GM foods and Monsanto..

As to the last paragraph, I had a whole lot to say about that but I stopped, erased it all as I realized I would be better off to just let that go lest I risk being banned. :mmph:

GM foods really needs to be looked at a bit more closely. The process they use to do it makes me very uncomfortable. I have watched numerous specials on this and i really believe that GM foods are not ready yet.

Significant cleanup work has been done on rivers and streams, lets hope we never stop.

The GM modified made in America/Canada concept is not likely what this thread was meant for.

GM foods aren't evil in of themselves. It's the Global Corporations behind them that are.
They have enforcement squads that go around and FORCE farmers to use their products under threat of law suits.
The little guy can't fight these multinational global corporations so they must either give in to their demands or fold up and go out of business.

And the weed / bug resistant crops, the weeds mutate, the bugs mutate to adapt to the process so that more tinkering with nature must happen to keep ahead of the bugs and weeds. And the same with the weed killers and pesticides, they adapt and on goes the never ending war against nature, a war that we can not win.

Now there are super weeds and super bugs that NOTHING will touch and the GM / sprayed crops are barely holding their own against them. Natural crops have no chance against these super villain bugs and weeds and they are laid to waste. Monsanto (and other such corporations) have created an environment where nothing can survive except their product and the baddies they claim they are fighting. It's the snake eating it's tail. In the end they will poison and sterilize everything where nothing can live here anymore.

Monsanto is EVIL.. Truly, deeply, darkly, EVIL...

2np8w.jpg

And with this, I have nothing further to say..

Dee, Agree about Monsanto.

We used to make pretty much everything in this country including TV's, radio's, towels, clothes, shoes, dishes, tools...everything. And because of this jobs were plentiful, because people needed things, and those things were made here in the U.S. We were a country that was able to sustain itself for the most part without imports.

I have friends back East who told that there were a lot of embroidery shops in some towns in the 40's through the 60's, and these were run by 'mom and pop' enterprises. There were local tool shops, mom and pop hardware stores, all local shops and stores and enterprises all employing local people. There was a need for things to be manufactured because they were not imported and they were made here in the U.S.

We started to import oil, the Japanese started to make some great quality low cost transistor radios. (I'm not even sure if electronic goods are made much in Japan as they once were). The clothing manufacturers left the States for lower labor costs and little or no regulations and child labor laws. And NAFTA and GATT help facilitate the flood gates and put the nail in the coffin.

There were a few good things that happened over the years such as Honda and Toyota opening auto plants right here in the U.S. Some States are trying new ideas to stimulate sales and jobs. In NJ, they have had certain areas where the State sales tax is 1/2 the regular rate in order to stimulate sales. I think they are called Enterprise Zones.

In the end, I think the companies that made out the best with all these imports over the decades; are shipping and container companies.........

Problem is, how do we get back there? The horse has left the barn.

Dee, Agree about Monsanto.

We used to make pretty much everything in this country including TV's, radio's, towels, clothes, shoes, dishes, tools...everything. And because of this jobs were plentiful, because people needed things, and those things were made here in the U.S. We were a country that was able to sustain itself for the most part without imports.

I have friends back East who told that there were a lot of embroidery shops in some towns in the 40's through the 60's, and these were run by 'mom and pop' enterprises. There were local tool shops, mom and pop hardware stores, all local shops and stores and enterprises all employing local people. There was a need for things to be manufactured because they were not imported and they were made here in the U.S.

We started to import oil, the Japanese started to make some great quality low cost transistor radios. (I'm not even sure if electronic goods are made much in Japan as they once were). The clothing manufacturers left the States for lower labor costs and little or no regulations and child labor laws. And NAFTA and GATT help facilitate the flood gates and put the nail in the coffin.

There were a few good things that happened over the years such as Honda and Toyota opening auto plants right here in the U.S. Some States are trying new ideas to stimulate sales and jobs. In NJ, they have had certain areas where the State sales tax is 1/2 the regular rate in order to stimulate sales. I think they are called Enterprise Zones.

In the end, I think the companies that made out the best with all these imports over the decades; are shipping and container companies.........

As I said before, there is a documentary called "Food Inc." that everyone should see. It will make you cry. Seriously.

And tonight at 9pm cst on FSTV there is a different 2hr documentary on specifically about Monsanto.

I believe these videos can probably be found on YouTube as well though I am not certain of it.

Posted from my JB'd iPhone 3GS using the SatelliteGuys app

um...how did we get off the subject of is there a FTA receiver made in the US and onto what seems to look like a political thread that really shouldnt even be here?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)