Made the switch and broke even on EQ

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikew

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
After much consternation about switching from E* to D*, I'm glad to say it is done. I sent an e-mail to CEO@echostar.com expressing why I was going to leave...no response. It wasn't until 2 days after D* was installed that E* retention called and could make even an offer of something decent for an HD DVR. Too late...I'm now signed up for 2 years and I'm satisfied.

My Issues with E*

1) The broken promise of NBR for 5xx
2) Removal of features from Dish Home on the 721s
3) Flaky software for both the 811 and 721s
4) Annual price increases for AEP (even when some packages had none)
5) Constant programming disputes
6) Excessively high pricing for the 942 ($699.00 was the best that could be done)

I had 5 receivers, AEP, locals, supers, MLB EI, HD Pack. Paid the bill on time, every time for over 5 years. Guess I wasn't worth keeping.

I was able to sell all my gear for a total of $717.00. I purchased the HD Tivo, 3 SD Tivos and 1 R15. After rebates and install charges, I'm left with an extra $35.00. If you're considering the change, do it now while you can still buy your eq from D*.

I now have reliable equipment. NBR on all of my DVRs. The ability to record 2 OTA HD channels when needed and I didn't have to break the bank to do so. The only two downfalls are that the Tivos are a bit slower than the 721s and there are no superstations. I think the trade off is well worth it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)