Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
*** PLEASE CONSIDER EVERYTHING IN THIS POST AS A RUMOR UNTIL CONFIRMED BY AN ACTUAL PRESS RELEASE ***

Today has been a hell of a day for FIOS News, and SatelliteGuys has leared some information which has not been published anywhere. Because of this we are calling this information a RUMOR.

MEMBERS OF THE PRESS WE ASK YOU TO CREDIT SATELLITEGUYS.US FOR THIS MAJOR RUMOR (THANK YOU!)

It's a rumor that every HD fan has ever dreamed of.

FIOS will be carrying EVERY High Deifintion Channel Currently Available!

SatelliteGuys has learned that FIOS will soon be announcing that they have signed a MAJOR deal with Cablevision for the following program packages.

The COMPLETE VOOM 21 HD Package
AMC, IFC and WE.
Rainbow On Demand (Mag rack, sportskool, IFC Films, World Picks).
Cablevisions Regional Networks

In addition a major deal has been signed with FOX to offer all of the FOX owned channels, including Fox O&O affiliates as well as their yet to be launched HD suite.

FIOS will carry all offerings bY In Demand including all their VOD PPV offerings (including all In Demands Sports Packages, such as MLB, NHL and NBA) IN-HD 1 and IN-HD 2

FIOS will offer all of VIACOMs SD & HD channels includiing some yet announced HD content as well as their O&O markets.

FIOS will offer HD Net and HDNET Movies

To sum things up FIOS will offer EVERY HD Channel available via Satellite by the end of the year. (Note that FIOS is a FIBER Cable Service NOT a Satellite service or company)

In addition...

They are also looking to work out a deal with InDemand that would be an exclusive deal for Verizon on the HDTV front. Verizon wants to work with each city they will serve customers in to provide at Verizon's cost an HD mobile truck and cameras for all the sports teams in the area to provide all of those teams games both away and home in HDTV. So this mobile truck will be used just for that team.

Now Verizon will offer these games in that local market for free to all customers with an HDTV set but other cable companies in the market will be forced to pay for it. They will price it in such a way that these games can be put in an HD package without greatly increasing the price. InDemand will help Verizon offset the costs because Verizon will give InDemand all the HD feeds for free to offer to customers in the sports packages. Verizon sees this as a way to make extra money and to entice customers but they don't want to use it as a way to keep it off of cable. Verizon just didn't want to foot the bill 100% so this was the best trade-off. Also expect every game on the InDemand PPV package and on satellite and cable company HD packages to say this game brought to you in HDTV by Verizon FIOS TV.

Now this is more of a long term project because getting the trucks and working out deals with the owners will take time. Expect owners to demand in the future a dedicated mobile HD truck for their teams to get a contract with them.

And there you go.

Remember you heard it here FIRST at SatelliteGuys.US!

Wow my heart stopped.lol
So longhorn i see what you were holding back. If this come through that will be unbeliavable. Once again really ashame the FIOS TV customers will get voom before cablevision subs.

My gosh...I'm in!!! Any way we could find out what City goes first? In Staten Island, NY where I live, TWC has a monopoly on what cable we are offered. If I understand your post...you said that FIOS is going to be a satellite service? If so...I'm in. I can't wait. Full resolution!!! WOW.

Also for the very few lucky FIOS TV customers that have the service during the last 8 weeks of the regular NFL season you might be getting a treat.

Verizon happens to also be in talks to carry an 8 game per week NFL package that would cover 8 selected games every week for the last 8 weeks of the NFL regular season. As always all HDTV games will be passed along every week. Verizon also has plans in 2010 to make a major bid for NFL Sunday Ticket. Now Verizons deal won't be exclusive but they want it.

liquidnw said:
Wow my heart stopped.lol
So longhorn i see what you were holding back. If this come through that will be unbeliavable. Once again really ashame the FIOS TV customers will get voom before cablevision subs.
I am not sure if this was what Longhorn was holding back or not. :)

This is exciting! I wish we had FIOS here in Connecticut!!

vinnyv07 said:
My gosh...I'm in!!! Any way we could find out what City goes first? In Staten Island, NY where I live, TWC has a monopoly on what cable we are offered. If I understand your post...you said that FIOS is going to be a satellite service? If so...I'm in. I can't wait. Full resolution!!! WOW.

It will not be a satellite service. Please Scott you must correct the original post above and change satellite to fiber. You must get fiber installed to get FIOS TV service.

I see what the problem was. Verizon will offer every HD channel available via satellite. This means that all national HD channels that are offering (hosted) on a satellite would be offered on FIOS TV. All channels today pretty much are hosted on a satellite so that cable and satellite companies can pick them up to offer on their systems. DirecTV gets their programming from host satellites which they sent out on their own satellites.

If you look near every cable plant you will see a field of at least 10 very big dishes and those are the dishes the cable companies use to pick up the host satellites feeds which could be anything from ESPN to HBO.

Why did you make me sit down?? I fell off my chair!!!!!!!

Ouch.....

This should put pressure on SBC which should be avail sometime next year for me. That being said, that should put more pressure on Sats and Cable. Nice news (rumour).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts