making the switch..maybe..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

chuckles2

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 26, 2006
I'm SD with 3 tivos*, lifetime PVR service.
I have east and west distant networks SD service. I am not under contract, everything here I own.

I want 2 HD tivos, east distant networks HD and to retain both of my SD distant networks, and to keep one SD tivo.

first question, what should the change over to HD and the 2 new HD tivos cost me (initial cost and reoccurring fees)? Do I pay a tivo fee?

second question, I have been told I can get distant network East HD feed, but can I keep the 2 SD feeds as well?

I currently have comcast wired in because of high speed internet, a minimum tv package is included, and find myself tempted..

Any suggestions, help, experiences with similar, etc., welcome.
I know I could call but I would to have some idea of my options before I jump in the pool.

BTW, I've been DTV since year 1 (initial Miss/LA test period).

* the boss says we need tivos. I know several services are not available with the tivos. I do wish tivo was actually building the DTV tivos - the ones we have are ancient but still turning, long out lasting some fancier brand stuff in our house.

They have thr22s these are tivos, just dont do multiroom viewing at all. And im confused about what switch you mean exactly, im guessing you just want new hardware for your existing account. Best bet is to just c,all in and ask what you can be offered. Retention should do wonders if youve been a customer that long.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

There should be a $5 TiVo fee that is separate and apart from the DVR fee. Lifetime DVR fee is transferable whether or not you have TiVos as long as your account number doesn't change. You should also expect a $10 HD fee and a 24 month commitment.

As twizt3dkitty says, only DIRECTV can tell you how they are going to treat you in terms of discounts and promotions.

I WOULD NOT expect that they will sell you the TiVo DVRs but will charge a tidy "lease entry fee" to lease a couple to you.

A new (legacy) HD dish will be required and a different multiswitch of some sort. The only thing that will be used from the original install will be the coax and the SD TiVo.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)