Manhattan 1933 & G-16 PR Mux

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jibaro29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
Lake Worth FL
I'm not sure why this is happening but the video on NBC and Fox Stations are not coming in. The audio comes in. Anyone else having this issue?

Not running a 1933 but have no problems with the S9. But have had it happen, no video, on other transponders before. Cured it by removing the transponder and power cycling. (Off for a few seconds) Then rescanning the satellite.
A particular hickup on that mux the S9 didn't like. There are two h264 streams in that mux. It would scan in only one. Had to add the second via the editor.

I tried the editor and didn't work either. It just find it weird that I can get them to work on my microHD and not on the Manhattan.

Any how - just editing, in my S9, didn't work. But going 'thru the hoops' fixed it.
My theory - If just editing the transponder may allow corruption to remain. Removing and power cycling removes it completely. Then rescanning puts the info in 'clean'.
OH- just remembered something else. I edited in a separate TP for the h264 streams. IIRR, the frequency or SR was programmed a few digits off of the TP info for the mpeg streams channels.
TP 1) freq, SR, mpeg PIDs
TP 2) freq+50, SR+50, h264 PIDs.
I'd remove the TP. Download the channels list, power cycle. Edit, and reload.
That may work for ya.

I'm not sure why this is happening but the video on NBC and Fox Stations are not coming in. The audio comes in. Anyone else having this issue?

As others have pointed out, this is a very strangely set up transponder, with multiple video transmission formats within the transponder itself. Automatic Scanning will not get all channels, nor will a basic transponder scan. The surest way to do this is to get a copy of the appropriate Ali Channel Editor program, and manually enter all information, rather than scanning.
Manhattan-Digital's website has a download with version 4.4 firmware, in which a number of difficult to scan channels have already been written in, as well as a few other place holders. You are welcome to download this for free, and scan all other channels across the arc from the satellite and transponder information already given within that file.

Another option, if you are intimidated by computer programs, is a service offered by Global Communications, which has taken the above file and manually entered as well as logically sorted all FTA channels across the arc from 139 to 40.5 West on C-band, as well as 129 to 50 West on Ku-band. Everything is ready to go. There is a small fee, but considering the amount of hours it took to put this together, it is not unreasonable. Contact me by EMail if interested.
globalcm@mhtc.net

Jibaro29,

Another option is to save your User Database .udf file from the microHD, import to MES Editor then export as a generic ALI file type. This generic file will load to the Manhattan and provide the missing channels.

As Mike explained, the microHD firmware allows scanning of mixed format transponders and once these channels are in the user database, the satellite/transponder/channel data file can be easily exported and transferred.

Edit: Just want to add that the MES Editor allows the merging of multiple files, so it would be possible to merge satellite/transponder/channel list files from both the Manhattan and the microHD and export to either STB format.

Last edited:
That mux works excellent here with audio and video on my X2 premium HD.

Also on my other units I have including both S9 and S10

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I had to delete the transponder info from my Pansat 9200, and do a fresh blind scan. All the channels, including the HD ones, came in fine after that. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Another option is to save your User Database .udf file from the microHD, import to MES Editor then export as a generic ALI file type. This generic file will load to the Manhattan and provide the missing channels.
Whoa! Did not know I would have to a computer geek to make this processes work for me.
Another option, if you are intimidated by computer programs, is a service offered by Global Communications, which has taken the above file and manually entered as well as logically sorted all FTA channels across the arc from 139 to 40.5 West on C-band, as well as 129 to 50 West on Ku-band. Everything is ready to go. There is a small fee, but considering the amount of hours it took to put this together, it is not unreasonable. Contact me by EMail if interested.
I do not think I would want to pay for that..sorry.
Easy solution.. just use the micro and forget about it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.