Manhattan RS-1933 Local Time Setting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

drloverb

Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Lafayette LA
I thought I'd start a new thread, one that represents the current topic of Manhattan time setting.

What are the guidelines on finding a good embedded time code to use? The NBC group on AMC-18/C gives the right date and minutes but the hour is way off. Same with the NASA group on that sat. To get it right for my Central Time Zone I have to set the GMT Offset to UTC - 1:00. Whereas it should be UTC - 6:00.

Yes, by choosing this erroneous offset things come out fine but why the forced difference? Is it the time code or some bug in the receiver?

Thanks.

It all has to do with what time stamp the provider is sending out. Thats why once I have an accurate time I just change it to manual because otherwise its never right.

Most accurate for me is the 3ABN mux on 97W KU (11842) or the Dial Global mux on 139W. Once I get the time set via auto I change it to manual. ONly have to update the minutes about once a week as it seems to lose a little time so it may be off by 3 or 4 minutes.

Thanks, Iceberg. That makes sense. I've seen other hour specifications on diff sats. Don't know why since GMT is well-defined.

The trick is to make the change to GMT Usage (to OFF) and then immediately exit out of the menu. Otherwise there is a lag in the minutes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts