Manhattan Update 3.4 thread

Status
Please reply by conversation.
deletes all channels in the receiver. Works great if you slave it for college football feeds (like I do) :)

More Manhattan 1933 questions

deletes all channels in the receiver. Works great if you slave it for college football feeds (like I do) :)

-- Thanks for the info re Channel Edit. Seems like this function would be more useful as a 'DELETE ALL' for just a single selected bird. Or, optionally, both single bird or all birds.

-- How does one save a channel to FAV. Cannot find this info in manual.

-- How does EPG get its info? Mine has none.

Thanks--

Paul

-- Thanks for the info re Channel Edit. Seems like this function would be more useful as a 'DELETE ALL' for just a single selected bird. Or, optionally, both single bird or all birds.

-- How does one save a channel to FAV. Cannot find this info in manual.

-- How does EPG get its info? Mine has none.

Thanks--

Paul

to the last question first, most FTA channels don't have a guide. That said, If you scan the 97 west slot, (G-19) on the Ku side you will see some of the guide filled out by the channels that use it.

To the channel edit feature, It has been suggested that a "delete one sat" be added. But with switching problems getting fixed and other operational fixes going on, it hasn't been done yet.

For adding favorites, go to TV channel list, Hit the FAV button, Pick the channel you want by Highliting the channel and saying "OK". This will pull up all the Favorite lists. Pick which list you want to put the channel in. You can also rename the lists at this time. Once selected, the menu will go back to the channel edit menu, and you will see a heart marking your "favorite" channel. Have a great day!

Note: A new manual is being compiled and should be ready shortly.

Has anyone been able to manually define a channel within the receiver with this firmware? I had my first opportunity tonight to try to define a channel. I went to PID selection, filled in my audio/video/pcr pids and then it did its scan but wasn't able to find and add the channel to memory. I decided to try with the channel editor and had no problems, so I don't know why the OSD interface for PID entry failed. My guess is that you don't define the PID type (type of video, type of audio) and a few other parameters that you can set in the channel editor that isn't found in the OSD interface.

I tried adding audio to the Huntington Beach Cam. But the edit requires you to change the ch id to something other than the original id, otherwise the re-scan overwrites the edit. Had to use the external channel editor to get it to work. Your right Sky, we need a few more parameters in the pid menu. My first receiver, a GeoSatPro had these fields, you could edit anything into it right from the remote.

I tried adding audio to the Huntington Beach Cam.
I did that using the receiver PID Scan Mode under the TP Search menu. HB video PID and WCPE audio PID and PCR same as video PID made the audio stutter unless I went into a menu and backed out. Using the audio PID as PCR, the video would be a still picture for a couple of seconds and then play with audio being smooth the whole time the video was frozen and afterwards, when it moved. I renamed it from the default "parameters" name.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)