manhatten dj-1997 hd versus Linkbox 9000i

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

shanklej

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2013
Ocala fl
Over on Hypermegasat they seem to like the Manhatten receiver.
So the dilemma, Manhatten versus the Linkbox?
Manhatten about $110 Linkbox about $170
Opinions?

The Linkbox 9000i Local also has an over-the-air tuner, so you can used the PVR to record your local TV channels from antenna as well. I usually see them starting at $175, but have seen for over $200. Just have to shop around to get the best price. But for that small amount of difference for one that only does satellite vs one that does both satellite and antenna, it's worth it to me.

I'm not impressed with the 9000i because of the old tech. Maybe a 1Gb ethernet port isn't necessary but that's one thing I want especially when I consider that my router ports are 1Gb. I didn't see much about the wifi - is it 802.11ac, does it have wpa2, etc? The RS-232 port is specd at 115.2 kbps when much higher transfer rates are found in other devices. The lack of 4K video will be a problem in the near future. The front panel display isn't impressive either. I know, what do I want for $180? I just don't want to have to buy a new receiver within a year.

Reactions: T95KPRO
The reason that I recommend the 9000 is that it is the most stable and reliable STB and provides the best overall picture quality of any STB in the NA market at this time, The only STB that comes close to a few of your dream specs is the VU+ Solo 4K. Get ready to open your wallet and pull out around $500.

Might think about holding off for the 2nd generation DVBS2 UHD chipsets just hitting the market. Probably see a few receivers based on these chipsets showing up soon. Should have a new generation of PCIE tuners in a few months. This new tuner paired with good computer hardware should best meet your requirements

Might think about holding off for the 2nd generation DVBS2 UHD chipsets just hitting the market. Probably see a few receivers based on these chipsets showing up soon. Should have a new generation of PCIE tuners in a few months. This new tuner paired with good computer hardware should best meet your requirements
Thanks for posting this and keeping us in the loop so to speak. I was thinking of getting a new TBS PCIE card to replace my 6925 but I might hold off now.

I guess I'll wait for the next generation of pcie cards or STB's. pcie is a little more difficult to use than a STB, though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)