Manifest (Netflix)

I liked episode 4 a lot more than #3. Hope they can keep up the variety.

... I have convinced myself that the US Government is not the cause for the 5 1/2 year forward leap in time for the airplane. In the government meetings they seem as baffled as everyone else. So that leaves the possibility open for foreign government involvement, aliens, or a supernatural event. But I am leaning toward it being supernatural.

The only thing that bothers me is that Michaela seems sad all the time. I realize that she lost her fiance to someone else, but she just seems way too sad.

Reactions: Jimbo
I figured it out! Follow the money.....

The passengers of the over booked flight were promised a $400 credit for taking a later flight. The airline didn't have the money to pay them, and they didn't want to be sued either for non-payment. The solution -- suspend them for 5 1/2 years. The statue of limitations has passed so they can't get sued. The airline saves thousands of $$$.

It's that simple. :facepalm

Wonder what the kid saw through the plane's window? UFO?

Anyway, I'd love to see more of a supernatural element in the next episodes, and hopefully Michaela moving on with her life and maybe getting herself a boyfriend.

Reactions: norman881
Wonder what the kid saw through the plane's window? UFO?

Anyway, I'd love to see more of a supernatural element in the next episodes, and hopefully Michaela moving on with her life and maybe getting herself a boyfriend.
It gave the impression of a UFO, didn't it.

Mac is to busy worrying about Jessie ... she needs to find something to do other than follow her voices in her head.
Shes a mess.

When the kid saw the bright light outside the airplane window, it looked like everyone else on the plane was asleep. Maybe he is the only one who really knows what happened?

Also we found out that 11 of the passengers were killed. In the preview for the next episode it looks like she is going to them to try to get answers.

And I agree, Djdish. Would like to see more of the supernatural aspect of it too. Yesterday's episode was focused too much, IMO, on the 2 love triangles.

Next episode is in 2 weeks -- the night before the election.

Reactions: DJdish
When the kid saw the bright light outside the airplane window, it looked like everyone else on the plane was asleep. Maybe he is the only one who really knows what happened?

Also we found out that 11 of the passengers were killed. In the preview for the next episode it looks like she is going to them to try to get answers.

And I agree, Djdish. Would like to see more of the supernatural aspect of it too. Yesterday's episode was focused too much, IMO, on the 2 love triangles.

Next episode is in 2 weeks -- the night before the election.

I like this show, because it keeps me thinking the rest of the week about the mystery of that flight.

Some thoughts:

- I just realized today, that the kid, Cal is the only one who is acting more "naturally" about the experience..
I mean he doesn't hear voices, he just "feels" things, and the thing that he "feels" is the right thing to do, take for instance, the way he moved through the stairs and tunnels

It just felt like the right thing to do, he doesn't hear voices, he's not concerned about what he's experiencing.

The shadow he drew, he just drew it, he wasn't concerned about who that was.

- So, why is he apparently the only one who's not hearing the voices, but just feeling things?

- Whatever happened to the rest of the plane's crew,, the pilot, co-pilot other flight attendants?

Were they also killed? - I gotta re-watch as I totally missed that part about 11 passengers getting killed.

- So the "voice" or gray angel, or whatever the voice may be, is only leading them to do good things....

Was it a UFO/alien abduction, or angelic abduction? :angel

- Guess we shall find out more in 2 weeks. ;)

Were they also killed? - I gotta re-watch as I totally missed that part about 11 passengers getting killed...
It was after the show in the preview for the next episode. I watched it again and I was wrong -- the 11 went missing (we don't know if they were killed).

Michaela said "There were 11 passengers on the plane who went missing. I think the government made them disappear." And then they show Cal in bed with a fever -- crying "Stop, they're hurting me". They think Cal's fever has something to do with the passengers who went missing.

So we have two weeks to wonder about this.

Meanwhile, I am going to offer a possible explanation. Flight 828 originated from Montego, Jamaica. The country has a tradition of witchcraft. They call it 'obeah' which means "evil magic or sorcery by which supernatural power is invoked to achieve personal protection or the destruction of enemies". The passengers have been protecting or rescuing people since they got back. Also, the stowaway is from Jamaica and they have gone to great lengths to protect him.

I think the plane went 5 1/2 years forward in time because that's when a cure for Cal's disease became available.

Anyway, that is just a guess.....

Last edited:
The 11 passengers killed, were killed after the plane landed, not during the flight is the way I took it ...
I think Vance has more to do with that than we know at this point ...
Somehow Cal is tied into this with the fever he showed in the preview ... I think Cal's fever is due to the killings, not the killings because of the fever.

Well know more in 2 weeks ...

Why the off week ?

I like this show, because it keeps me thinking the rest of the week about the mystery of that flight.

Some thoughts:

- I just realized today, that the kid, Cal is the only one who is acting more "naturally" about the experience..
I mean he doesn't hear voices, he just "feels" things, and the thing that he "feels" is the right thing to do, take for instance, the way he moved through the stairs and tunnels

It just felt like the right thing to do, he doesn't hear voices, he's not concerned about what he's experiencing.

The shadow he drew, he just drew it, he wasn't concerned about who that was.

- So, why is he apparently the only one who's not hearing the voices, but just feeling things?

- Whatever happened to the rest of the plane's crew,, the pilot, co-pilot other flight attendants?

Were they also killed? - I gotta re-watch as I totally missed that part about 11 passengers getting killed.

- So the "voice" or gray angel, or whatever the voice may be, is only leading them to do good things....

Was it a UFO/alien abduction, or angelic abduction? :angel

- Guess we shall find out more in 2 weeks. ;)
I thought the light was a portent of alien abduction.

Last night's episode was strange but entertaining. I don't understand why one of the passengers was undergoing electric shock torture? Did they think that he knew all the answers and was holding back?

... I have an extremely short list of TV series that I watch. Right now its this one and Discovery's 'Gold Rush'.

Reactions: DJdish
I enjoyed last night's episode more than the last one.

Plot thickens....

So who's behind experimenting with the 11 "missing passengers"?

Because apparently is not the government, or could it be the shadow government?

Or could that company UDS, be behind those experiments/shock treatments with the passengers?

Could UDS in any way be behind the magic dissapearing act of that plane?

I'm really hooked on this series, even though I admit that when I saw the first trailer, I didn't think it could be that interesting.

Reactions: Jimbo and norman881
The UDS appears to have abducted 11 passengers with no 'ties' to ask questions.
Then, of course, non-relatives start looking for them.

Goin' down the rabbit hole about the same pace as 'Lost'.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: MikeD-C05