Manifest (Netflix)

I will binge watch at the end of the season ( if it goes the whole year ), it is hard for me to watch a show like this weekly, so used to how Netflix does TV shows ( all at once) now.

Hope I like it, I guess it would be the only show I'd be watching on NBC.

Will check it out tonight, not live though.

I may be getting too long in the tooth, and I realize the younger generation may not know what is it like, but:

I grew up watching live TV, actually back in my childhood it was the only way to watch it.

Had to watch it when the show would air, or miss it, no recording, no on demand.

And commercials were part of life, not to question them, watch 'em or go to the kitchen for a snack.

Back then the shows on a 1 hour time slot, were 50 solid minutes of show, and in a 30 minute time slot, were actually 25 minutes of show.

Hope I like it, I guess it would be the only show I'd be watching on NBC.

Will check it out tonight, not live though.

I may be getting too long in the tooth, and I realize the younger generation may not know what is it like, but:

I grew up watching live TV, actually back in my childhood it was the only way to watch it.

Had to watch it when the show would air, or miss it, no recording, no on demand.

And commercials were part of life, not to question them, watch 'em or go to the kitchen for a snack.

Back then the shows on a 1 hour time slot, were 50 solid minutes of show, and in a 30 minute time slot, were actually 25 minutes of show.

And I use to keep a book handy to read during the commercials :)

Reactions: wormil and DJdish
I enjoyed the show, it reminded me of a classic Twilight Zone episode.

And it also reminded me about that story of a Pan Am flight that took off in 1955 and landed after almost 40 years in South America, I think,

Anyway, looking forward to next episode.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I really liked the premiere. I setup a season pass on my TiVo. I am a sci-fi fan, especially when it involves time travel.

However, I hope it doesn't end up like the 'Hero's' series (2006 to 2010). That started out good and ended up getting too bizarre.

Looking forward to future episodes!

... Was this series inspired by the Malaysian flight MH370 that disappeared?

Eagerly looking forward to tonight's episode.

I'm intrigued with the change that the people on that plane are going through.

Will that force or whatever it is, move them only to do good deeds like last episode, or could it move them to do something sinister?

Guess we shall see....

I liked the second episode more than the first. I'm hooked!

But there was something technically inaccurate in episode 2. They showed a guy talking on his cellphone in a metal lined storage area. There is no way he could possibly get reception there! Do they think people can really believe this series after something like that? :facepalm

Reactions: dfergie