Many long time owned subs are finally leaving in droves/how to fix dish bag network

Yep. The grass is not always greener.

Amen to that! I've had both services and like both for different reasons. But when things don't go right, both are irritating as hell to deal with.

For those that contemplate the switch to D* and want an HDDVR, make sure you get a HR24. If you don't, you'll be fuming at the pathetic remote response. BTW, on the 'other site' they ran a poll or three about HR speeds, all came up with slow as the main feature!

....The final straw for them was the DVR. It pukes a hard drive about every 4 months and they loose all of their shows.....

Maybe you should get an EHD, and put your programs on there. I believe a good quality EHD will be more reliable than the DVR HDD.

Don't forget to compare available programming. Each company has some the other company doesn't.

Amen to that! I've had both services and like both for different reasons. But when things don't go right, both are irritating as hell to deal with.

For those that contemplate the switch to D* and want an HDDVR, make sure you get a HR24. If you don't, you'll be fuming at the pathetic remote response. BTW, on the 'other site' they ran a poll or three about HR speeds, all came up with slow as the main feature!

Now that's not right,let DirecTV install their refurbs(you know they will) then they will have a bunch of pissed off new subscribers.;)

Maybe you should get an EHD, and put your programs on there. I believe a good quality EHD will be more reliable than the DVR HDD.

Don't forget to compare available programming. Each company has some the other company doesn't.

You are correct about the EHD, but I'm done with voluntarily paying fees to Dish. :)

That's sort of why I want to go to FIOS. I'm going to go with windows media center once the ceton card is released ( and reported stable ).

bob, plenty of us here have been subject to putting up with your opinions for a long while, most of us are tired of your rants but you are still here, so we have to continue to put up with your injecting yourself into threads even when what you have to say has absolutely nothing to do with what the thread is about, whether we like it or not.
I have stated my opinion on why I have Dish, why I keep Dish, dispute the fact I like sports and couldn't care less about movie channels. I'm sorry you don't like it, I'm sorry that it bothers you, I'm sorry that you think that anyone that continues to have Dish is getting raped, but I'm happy with Dish, so tough crap to you as far as I am concerned!!
Again, I am happy with what I have, with what I am being provided. PERIOD!
Anyone else want to try and change my mind? :rolleyes:

Slaminin, I finally figured out Bob's problem...ADD. He can't get enough attention.;)

I just switched to direct after 8 years with dish. I got the brand new HR24 and H24 receivers installed. I will say that these receivers blow my old 612 totally out of the water.

There is one thing that I have notice with direct. The picture quality is better than dish. I don't know why, maybe because the slimline dish is bigger than the HD Turbo dish, but I have seen a pretty qood improvement in the quality of my picture.

MVR (multiple room viewing) is pretty cool. Just watched an HD movie in my BR that I recorded in my LR last night.

The one thing I do miss is the sling technology that I had searching and sending recordings to my DVR. Dish's was really nice from work computer, on Direct you have to search through the whole guide and hope you find something you like to send to the DVR.

But like I said above, the one thing that kind of blows me away is the difference in PQ. I didn't expect that to be so great.

You have some real problems

I finally got approval from the kids to switch to FIOS. :D

I felt bad, because they've never had anything but Dish (~10 years now). Even my 2 year old knows how to operate the remote.

The final straw for them was the DVR. It pukes a hard drive about every 4 months and they loose all of their shows.

Just waiting for a good FIOS deal to come along. ;)

If you were losing an HDD every 4 months then you have some other problem in your house. I have had 3 of the HD DVR's 1st a 942 which E* swapped out for a 622 (TIVO issue on the 942). 2nd the 622 ran until I got an HDMI Panny PLasma and the HDMI broke. Then 3rd I have a 722k. I have never had an HDD go bad the entire time. So something is making you HDD's go dead then you have most likely an electrical problem in your house. Does the voltage vary up and down a lot or something. HDD's usually very reliable for 2 to 5 yrs easily.

If you were losing an HDD every 4 months then you have some other problem in your house. I have had 3 of the HD DVR's 1st a 942 which E* swapped out for a 622 (TIVO issue on the 942). 2nd the 622 ran until I got an HDMI Panny PLasma and the HDMI broke. Then 3rd I have a 722k. I have never had an HDD go bad the entire time. So something is making you HDD's go dead then you have most likely an electrical problem in your house. Does the voltage vary up and down a lot or something. HDD's usually very reliable for 2 to 5 yrs easily.

I think you're right about the individual problems with HDDs, not just in this case. I've noticed my 722 seems to run hot, but I don't have it enclosed. I think a lot of the problems are from inadequate ventilation - electronics don't belong in cabinets. They also need surge protection. There's a reason some of us never have problems with the equipment and others go through units at a ridiculous rate. If the equipment was that bad they'd fix the problems just because of the cost or quit using them. Just like computers, more of the problems are software related rather than hardware.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts