Map of 61.5 Spotbeams

mikenewy

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
I'm quite confused by the addition of spotbeams for locals, both HD and SD. Before I go "moving" about the country, can the footprints for the current ones especially the east coast ones be defined? The map currently offered for 61.5 does not currently make sense. i.e. spot 5 looks like it may now be 15 if you look at the area locals that are being uplinked (Norfolk VA).

you are in norfolk? Our channels were uplinked this week, don't move dude, give it a week or 2 before you do. They are adding them fairly quickly lately.

Thanks Dugout Doug, I live near Wilmington NC, was close enough to pull the SD locals here, I think they were on 110. Last year, I moved to Washington DC, received the HD ones which were CONUS. Now they are spotbeams that won't reach here. My real need is to get the Washington Redskin games.

Can someone please answer the O.P.'s question?
AFAIK there is NO up-to-date map of the spot beams on 61.5 with the same numbering scheme being reported in the up-link reports :( Besides Dish is changing HD LiLs weekly. NY and Boston went from CONUS to Spot Beam last night.

So "moving" anywhere in the eastern half of the US is going to be a pretty risky business until the dust settles on the eastern arc :)

Talon Dancer

AFAIK there is NO up-to-date map of the spot beams on 61.5 with the same numbering scheme being reported in the up-link reports :( Besides Dish is changing HD LiLs weekly. NY and Boston went from CONUS to Spot Beam last night.

So "moving" anywhere in the eastern half of the US is going to be a pretty risky business until the dust settles on the eastern arc :)

Talon Dancer

Unless you are in Boston and 'moving' to NYC

Both on same spot beam 8)

The old Rainbow 1 spot beam map information appears accurate. Dish just has a different numbering scheme of the spots. Probably a combination of the uplink center and spot. Just remember the lines are just estimated reception areas given a certain antenna size, error correction rate and transmission mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)