Mapping the OTA - GET IT RIGHT, VOOM!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

FrankJo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
DC Metro Area
I am mapped for a non digital PBS staion that is 90 miles away! I'm also mapped for another PBS station that is 75 miles away.

This is wacky because there are 2 stations within 25 amd 35 miles from here, which I should be able to get OTA. VOOM told me that it is because of the FCC. I'm not buying it. Why would my Comcast carry the closer station for where I live, but VOOM can't?

They also are "no longer remapping boxes" for people. This is what they told me on the phone today.

They said that they would send out a new antenna. Seems like it would be cheaper to heve someone make it right from a computer screen and a chair than having to pay an installer to come out here.

FrankJo,

this is completely wrong. I do not know why CSRs keep telling customers this. Send me an email with the correct zipcode and stations that should be mapped so that they can change your DMA. my email is Sean_Mota@satelliteguys.us Send me your full address as well. I will put the request.

They told me that even with the "OTA scanning function" around the corner, they still wanted to get the mapping correct as this drives the program guide.

In reality, if the OTA isn't transmitting the program guide, then you need Voom to map it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)