March 7th........ The end????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
It looks like this is it. March 7th board meeting vote on Chuck Dolan

"But by shuffling Cablevision’s board of directors, Charles Dolan appeared to give himself more breathing room in ultimately winning Voom. In a securities filing Thursday, Cablevision said it had postponed the shutdown of Voom until March 7, and it will allow Voom HD LLC to present its case to buy the assets to the board on that same day.

According to the filing, Charles Dolan will also ask the board March 7 to name his son-in-law, Cablevision senior VP of electronic media Brian Sweeney, to the board of directors."

Yay or Nay??? which way will the vote go? Do we live or Die?

freezetime said:
Of course I want VOOM to succeed! This has been such a weird story and I hope it ends up a happy ending.

I want them to suceed too but thats not the question of the poll.

I think there should be a third choice, i.e. OTHER

If Charles Dolan has the money, it succeeds, otherwise it is over

GO VOOM!!!

jeslevine said:
I think there should be a third choice, i.e. OTHER

If Charles Dolan has the money, it succeeds, otherwise it is over

GO VOOM!!!

The board will vote yes or no. Only two choices.

I think Charles Dolan has the financing arranged, and some kind of agreement is in the works with E*. With this latest board-stacking move, I think he has the voting power he needs to be able to continue with Voom. Probably NOT as a seperate entity, but I could see Voom surviving as an add-on to E*.

That scenario would be good for both companies, and they have been talking for months. It looks like the March 7th meeting is when everyone is going to have to decide to fish or cut bait.

this is a chess match and James is clearly outclassed and is slowly running out of room to move. Voom will continue.

All this drama and what do we get for a message in the 'Voom' menu? Free showtime this weekend! lol.

I haven't recieved my next bill yet. We'll see.

Shawn

I discovered this morning that my upgrade to VaVa never went through...
Guess it's time to call again...you'd think this sort of thing would be pretty simple by now?

Lob

Lobstah said:
Guess it's time to call again...you'd think this sort of thing would be pretty simple by now?

Lob
Strange mine went through with in 20 minutes

Lobstah said:

Lob
I'd think this would be something that'd be working before you hung up the phone... why would it take so long? They can 'hit' the boxes pretty quick for firmware updates.

Shawn

I am assuming that the 3 new board members will take their seats on Monday and perhaps the 4th after he is confirmed by the board? If so then the subject of VOOM will likely come up. Care to guess how that vote will go?

The first order of business will be a vote to expand the number of CVC Board members. Immediately following the vote, Dolan's son in-law will step from behind the curtain and assume his new position. The next vote will be to oust James as CEO. After the vote, James will be asked to assume his position...bent over with pantaloons pulled down to the ankle. :eek:

We shall see...

It is actually 4 new board members. 3 board members have been booted/replaced and one of the new board members fills and empty slot left by someone that died. They want to expand the board and put a 5th new member. This would make it 5 new members and 10 old members (or 4 and 10 if the board is not expanded).

It was looking grim for VOOM until the announcement of the new board. Looks like Daddy Dolan is bringing out the big guns to save VOOM. He probably has the financing lined up to go at least 5 years...

riffjim4069 said:
The first order of business will be a vote to expand the number of CVC Board members. Immediately following the vote, Dolan's son in-law will step from behind the curtain and assume his new position. The next vote will be to oust James as CEO. After the vote, James will be asked to assume his position...bent over with pantaloons pulled down to the ankle. :eek:

We shall see...

I good one riffjim... :D

Shawn95GT said:
All this drama and what do we get for a message in the 'Voom' menu? Free showtime this weekend! lol.

I haven't recieved my next bill yet. We'll see.

Shawn

Showtime free this weekend for all dbs it appears...not just voom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)