Mark Cuban says NO to VOOM again

Walter L.

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 29, 2004
Portland, Oregon
Today Mark Cuban said NO again to VOOM at an online chat sponsored by the Washington post. The Q&A was:

Ashburn, Va.: Do you think you will be adding your service to any other statellite providers and or cable companies anytime soon...ie..Voom or Cox Cable.

Mark Cuban: No to voom, but we are in discussions with Cox and Comcast.

call your provider and tell them you want HDNet ! it will help

A full transcript is available at: http://discuss.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/zforum/04/sp_technews_cuban090304.htm

Walter We All Have Been Beating This Thing To Death.
Forget About HDNet on Voom. Mark Cuban Has.

Yeah, might as well say Voom has their 21 Voom exclusives and 2 Voom excludeds ;)

I had DTV previously, so I had HDNET & HDMOVIES, do I miss them?

Hell no, bikini destinations is overrated, hogans heroes, please. get them away from me.. HDNET is just another channel, right there with MOOV, mark cuban can keep it and shove it.. nevermind

I love worldsport and rush, so much better IMO...

only thing I do miss from HDnet is CART reacing, but I can do withouth it... If only we had F1 in HDTV

DRAKO said:

Hell no, bikini destinations is overrated, hogans heroes, please. get them away from me.. HDNET is just another channel, right there with MOOV, mark cuban can keep it and shove it.. nevermind

only thing I do miss from HDnet is CART reacing, but I can do withouth it... If only we had F1 in HDTV

Yeah, I don't miss Hdnet either....because I re-subbed to DTV and I'm watching them! If DTV gets inhd, then i guess i'll have to cancel my Voom!

Voom...the HD leader, in thier own minds.

DRAKO said:

On the other side of HDNet-HD World Report great,Wiseguy great,Smallville reruns in HD soon-great,Hockey(maybe not this season if there is one),Soccer,the Hollywood show(forgot the name),and others.The only thing on Voom I wanted was the MonstersHD Channel,and I still think that Mr.Dolen must of run over Mr.Cuban's puppy or something,it just makes no sense not to have more ways of getting his(Cuban)channels,thought that means more money(or not enough).

bruce said:
I still think that Mr.Dolen must of run over Mr.Cuban's puppy or something,it just makes no sense not to have more ways of getting his(Cuban)channels,thought that means more money(or not enough).

Mark Cuban said all in his last Q&A:

Mark Cuban: I want to thank everyone for taking the time to ask questions.. I hope i did them justice !

Dont forget to callyour cable or sat company and ask for HDNet and HDNet Movies and dont forget to watch The Benefactor on ABC starting sept 13

Like I posted in another thread, we should all keep harassing VOOM directly about inHD and NDNet by writing at:
http://voom.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/voom.cfg/php/enduser/cci/std_cont.php?page=null

Do I miss HDNET? Hell no, I still have it with Dish. Mark Cuban is costing me $17/month by not giving HDNET to Voom. I refuse to drop it because I watch the Dish HD pack much more than I watch Voom. If I drop anything, it would be Voom first.

DRAKO said:

I killed Voom and HAVE HDnet & Movies with D* ... you're really not missing much! Heck, I may watch something on there once a month. In fact 8/26 was the last time I did ... I watched "The Serpent And The Rainbow" loved it but it was no better than my DVD. Really! Like it has been trampled in here too ... if Mark says no ... it won't happen.

Comcast is the cable giant in Dallas/Fort Worth. Mark Cuban lives in Dallas. Dallas Mavericks play some games on HDNET. I have Comcast. Sounds like just a matter of time (hopefully before the 1st game this upcoming season). Bring it on Mark!

bruce said:
On the other side of HDNet-HD World Report great,Wiseguy great,Smallville reruns in HD soon-great,Hockey(maybe not this season if there is one),Soccer,the Hollywood show(forgot the name),and others.The only thing on Voom I wanted was the MonstersHD Channel,and I still think that Mr.Dolen must of run over Mr.Cuban's puppy or something,it just makes no sense not to have more ways of getting his(Cuban)channels,thought that means more money(or not enough).

world report was kinda interesting sometimes, but they kept repiting it, as for old shows, im not into it, I wasnt even born when those things aired, guess for some ppl it might have a nostalgia kind of thing, but not me...

as for soccer? dude, what the heck, MSL (Major Suckage Leage) no thanks, I rather watch spanish soccer, players actually know how to play the sport.

I do give HDNet props for sports content as they have good stuff cart racing being one of them, but thats about it for me

either way, thats why we all have a choice. for me DTV was only about getting DiscoveryHD, the reast I didnt care :)

I get the HDNets via cable and agree that you're not missing much...there is a lot of similar content on the VOOM Exclusives, just a lot less. Plus, they have their fair share of grainy transfers and WorldSport soccer is 1000 times better than MLS.

I have Directv and VOOM and although HDNET has some good stuff and great PQ it really doesn't have much that I watch. I love the hockey and all but in my opinion it isn't a deal breaker. But, it is for some people. It hurts VOOM....not having HDNET, but I think if they were able to get INHD 1 and 2 then it would soften the blow a bit. But it is a craving for what a person doesn't have....when I didn't have HDNET I craved for it. When Directv started the 6 mth free HD deal I went for it and along came HDNET. Now that I have HDNET I dont watch it much. Very few programs that they have on interest me. I will say they had on Friday the 13th Part 2 on HDNET Movies...that was good....I heard that they are showing Pink Floyd the Wall soon also. But HDNET movies is like having another Cin 10 ch. HDNET is good...dont get me wrong. But its not the end all of HD Ch's. For me Discovery HD is much better....and more interesting. Its really all a matter of taste. If given the choice I rather have Monsters HD than HDNET. Thats if I could only choose one. But I'll take HDNET for now because of the free DTVHD deal for 6 mths....but I dont turn it on much. Its just another ch that I fly by.

I once had D* hughes HD receiver & D*'s HD package. Hdnet was just worthless. I dont/havent missed it one bit. And the same with their movie channel. This whole subject is WAY over blown.

DarrellP said:
Do I miss HDNET? Hell no, I still have it with Dish. Mark Cuban is costing me $17/month by not giving HDNET to Voom. I refuse to drop it because I watch the Dish HD pack much more than I watch Voom. If I drop anything, it would be Voom first.

If Voom raised bandwidth to 17mbps I think you'd drop HDNet like a bad habit, even lie to people and tell them you've never heard of the thing. Recent news seems to keep confirming, it would be easier for Voom to add INHD (probably after the elliptical dish) than HDNet, and in all honesty I'd rather have INHD's content for the baseballs and other special interest events.

Sean Mota said:
I wonder what he would have said if somebody asked him about Cablevision carrying HDnet.

He would have said, Hell no, it has nothing to do with business, nothing to do with customer satisfaction, it has to do with horizontal monopolies and BIG egos.

Well, I guess he wouldn't be honest enough to say that....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts