Marketing suggestion to VOOM -- referral credits??

1080iBeVuMin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 29, 2004
Santa Rosa, CA
:eureka This is my suggestion to VOOM to boost the subscriber base:

Offer current subscribers a credit for a half month of service for every new subscriber they refer to VOOM.

I have mentioned VOOM to dozens of people. Not one has ever heard of VOOM or knows anything about it, but seems very interested when I describe it and they can see my enthusiasm.

I bet I could earn a year's worth of free service credits easily by bringing 24 new subscribers to VOOM. Just send me a few dozen VOOM brochures. Every Voomer on this forum could probably do this.

[I haven't seen this mentioned on this forum, but my apologies if this idea has already been beaten to death.]

This is a good idea in theory. Just have your referral reference your account number when signing up. Although, there would have to be a limit of like six referrals per year or something because folks would manage to abuse the system somehow.

A coworker of mine is having Va Va Voom installed this morning as a result of my promoting it. She was on D*.

wasch_24 said:
This is a good idea in theory. Just have your referral reference your account number when signing up. Although, there would have to be a limit of like six referrals per year or something because folks would manage to abuse the system somehow.

No.
1) Allow anyone to get the referral. If they are an existing customer, it would be a credit on their account. If they are not a customer, send them a check.
2) No limiting the number of referrals.
3) Make it a flat $20. That is more clear than a 1/2 month of service, because people have different service plans.
4) Commision to be paid after installation and second month's service has been paid. If someone has stayed two months, they are hooked, and will probably stay at least a year.
5) Trackable by Voom's website. If you see you have a check coming in 45 days, you feel good and are not calling a CSR and tying up the phone lines.

Now, how many Circuit City salespeople are going to keep Voom flyers in their back pocket. If they get one sale a day, that is an extra $600/month commision check. Since Circuit City is exlusively DirectTv, they would have to do it discretely. But for other HDTV stores, Voom should be blatent about a direct commision to the individual salesperson. For the salesperson, it is an easy sell.

"So you have your new HDTV. What are you going to hook it up to? DirectTV/Dish with 6 stations, Cable at 5 stations, or this new satellite company called Voom with 37 stations plus your 4-5 locals."
That should be an easy sell. Make the TV salesman do the work and pay him directly.

Personal recommendations would get only 3-10 sales per year. TV salespeople should be able to get 1-3 per day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)