Marvels Agent Carter

8-13 is usually a first half of a season order. If it has good ratings, they will make more. The problem is that it had so-so ratings....

8-13 is usually a first half of a season order. If it has good ratings, they will make more. The problem is that it had so-so ratings....

If it ends up on the fall schedule in it's own timeslot instead of as the winter fill in for Agents of Shield, that may happen, but unless ABC likes what they see during production, it will be finished filming by the time it airs and any additional episodes would be for the following year.

^This. I'd rather see a well-paced, well-developed story arc with lots of interesting twists, than a "catch the bad guy of the week" structure, with the story arc in the background, a.k.a. Gotham.
Those serialized shows when done well are great, but they make it extremely difficult to attract new audience members if people don't jump in at the beginning. Short storylines or self-contained episodes with broader series mythology elements/story-arcs de-emphasized (but woven in) tend to be much more accessible and likely to draw the audience necessary for a show to survive.

Sounds like it could share much in common with one of my favorite video games of recent years, L.A. Noire, which followed a police detective around 1940s Hollywood as he investigated murders tied to the Black Dahlia and other crimes. As another TV tie-in, LA Noire featured the physical likenesses and voice work of many actors who appeared in Mad Men.

I'm sure watching next season's episodes of Agent Carter will make me want to do some more exploring in free roam. It was amazing how detailed and accurate the environments were in this game.

Those serialized shows when done well are great, but they make it extremely difficult to attract new audience members if people don't jump in at the beginning. Short storylines or self-contained episodes with broader series mythology elements/story-arcs de-emphasized (but woven in) tend to be much more accessible and likely to draw the audience necessary for a show to survive.

Since it is a mid season filler again next year, they probably will make it a complete plot again. So, if you missed the first season you could watch the second season without any real issues.

Unfortunately, that may be true. But I much more enjoy a serialized show, as opposed to the villian/crisis of the week.

Since it is a mid season filler again next year, they probably will make it a complete plot again. So, if you missed the first season you could watch the second season without any real issues.
Be nice if they could tie it more into Shield. Have Shield run into something unknown at the end of the first half of the season, then show Carter previously dealing with it, then have Shield resolve it in the seocnd half of their season. Tie it all into one another and then dovetail into Civil War.

Have to admit this season's story line is not up to par with last year's. This season will probably be the last.

I like it, but this is my favorite genre of 40's - 50's spy stories type stuff. Probably will be last, but it also fills an 8 week hole in the schedule. I think depending on cost, it could come back unless ABC thinks it can fill that time with something cheaper that will get better ratings or perhaps the revived Mockingbird spinoff with Adrianne Palicki.

IF this was a D.C. comic show, they could easily find a way to bring Agent Carter to the present, due to some time travel plot line and she could then adapt to a new world of tech and spies. Wouldn't you like to see old Peggy live it up in the 21st century?:laser

I like it, but this is my favorite genre of 40's - 50's spy stories type stuff. Probably will be last, but it also fills an 8 week hole in the schedule. I think depending on cost, it could come back unless ABC thinks it can fill that time with something cheaper that will get better ratings or perhaps the revived Mockingbird spinoff with Adrianne Palicki.
Let's be honest. Just about any trashy reality show will be cheaper, and most likely garner equal or better ratings.

Let's be honest. Just about any trashy reality show will be cheaper, and most likely garner equal or better ratings.
Don't know about that. Reality sh!t is not as cheap as it used to be and really hasn't been much of a draw on network tv, like it has on subscription tv.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Anyone else get the bit of this show cut off? Don't know why but all the shows were about 5 mins behind.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Anyone else get the bit of this show cut off? Don't know why but all the shows were about 5 mins behind.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Yes

I'm assuming they did a break in somewhere for politics. Was afraid recording would be short when I started the recording and saw muppets go 5 mins past the hour, so fast forwarded to end to be sure.

I just deleted it and waited to watch with chromecast on web. I have to do it many times anyway due to weather breakins from our locals, so nothing new

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)