Maryland

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
This is the thread to discuss cable companies and HD available on them in Maryland.

Well, I'm looking at cable internet, so I thought I'ld check out the cable TV as well. I'm in Howard County, and these were the prices I got quoted from Comcast:

Digital Cable "special" $57.95 for 12 months
Analog Cable 51.95 !!!
Digital Cable with HBO/Cinemax $72.95
Limited Cable $10 (OTA channels basically)

All are $30.99 install fee. Plus $5 for HD, $10 for HD-DVR.

Needless to say, I don't see myself switching from Voom ($50/mo). $63 would be the cheapest I could get HD for (but I'ld save $15 on the internet).

Has anyone had success getting the Limited Cable AND the HD box? I was told Digital Basic ($58) was required for the HD box.

-John

UPDATE: The current promotion for "free" Digital Basic and Starz for 90 days doesn't include basic cable (only the digital upgrade and Starz), so its $50.45 per month for the first three months, then $75.80 per month. Ouch!

UPDATE2: They also offer a Dish Buyback program for current satellite customers. $25 off a month for 16 months ($400 total).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)