master reset on DSR-922

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chefwan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
South Carolina
Does anyone know how to do a master reset. and will it screw up my receiver? and will it lose my programming? let me know thanks

I never had to do one yet. I know that it will put your receiver back to factory specs. You will have to reprogram all your satellites, polarity, EW positons etc. You will also need to reload the channel maps and may need a rehit from your programmer.

Why do you want to do this is there a big problem your having?

Instructions can be found here:

http://www.bigdish.info/pfd/Master_Reset_Instructions.doc

im having problems with having to switch back to rotated 90 degree's and standard in the dish settings to get Vertial and horiztal channels , plus not i cant get audio on Mtv Gb 800

Sounds like a polarotor issue outside. You need to have your skew 90 degrees apart, say H 85 and V -15 check and see that your skew numbers are 90 degrees apart.

You can do a MR but I don't think it will solve the issues your having. The MTV problem may be wide spread even though they say it's working at NPS. Did you ask them to rehit your unit?

I don't subscribe to alot on my 4DTV anymore. Everything I pay for is on X4 through SRL. I watch my FTA receiver more than my 4DTV.

If you do a MR write down all your current satellite positions and EW limits. This will help in reprograming. Before you do it put your dish on G1 channel 3 so you can reload your channel maps and guide.

Sounds like a polarotor issue outside. You need to have your skew 90 degrees apart, say H 85 and V -15 check and see that your skew numbers are 90 degrees apart.

You can do a MR but I don't think it will solve the issues your having. The MTV problem may be wide spread even though they say it's working at NPS. Did you ask them to rehit your unit?

I don't subscribe to alot on my 4DTV anymore. Everything I pay for is on X4 through SRL. I watch my FTA receiver more than my 4DTV.

If you do a MR write down all your current satellite positions and EW limits. This will help in reprograming. Before you do it put your dish on G1 channel 3 so you can reload your channel maps and guide.

they rehit it twice. and it did nothing

The problem sounds like that the polar axis is set up incorrect at the feed and the servo is at the end of it's travel. You must have your servo travel well within the V and H polarity limits.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)