Max number of receivers on a single dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

keefe007

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2007
What is the maximum number of receivers I can have on a single DTV dish? Also, what equipment do I need to make this happen?

Lastly, does DTV limit on many receivers one can have on a DTV account?

First of all :welcome to SatelliteGuys.

Second, Directv has no real limit on the number of receivers on one account. Unless you start getting way above the average user than they will audit you.

You can get swithes to add a lot of receivers off of one dish.

How many receivers are you talking?

Eventually I'd like around 30, but I could start out with 10 or so.

Where are you going to put 30 receivers?????

Must be a big house.

I'm going to connect them to the mother of all DVR's.

Not sure what you mean?

They are all going to be connected to a big digital video recorder.

Ok well I know what a DVR is, I was just trying to see what you meant.
As long as you are not planning to "account stack", which is illegal and we do not condone it here at SatelliteGuys.

Definetely not, all of the units will be here with me.

That is fine just becarefull when speaking of that many receivers, make sure you state that they all going to be with you.

Other than that, we are more than willing to help you.
I am curouis about this big DVR, I take it that it records several shows at once of course, but why the need. Sounds interesting.

Yeah, 30 receivers would add up to 144.71/month in additional receiver fees prior to the cost of the programming package.

It can be done, two wb616s could provide 32 outputs but thats about $400 for just those.

Directv may audit you at some point so you may want to print out all the receiver ids/serial numbers etc just to have them handy.

With the wb616 can all 16 receivers we watching different channels at the same time?

What's a good dish to go with the wb616?

Yeah, 30 receivers would add up to 144.71/month in additional receiver fees prior to the cost of the programming package.

It can be done, two wb616s could provide 32 outputs but thats about $400 for just those.

Directv may audit you at some point so you may want to print out all the receiver ids/serial numbers etc just to have them handy.

What does an audit entail? DTV coming over to my house?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)