Maximum HDMI Length from 622 to TV

yardline

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2005
A friend is getting a new TV to hang on the wall in his bedroom and we want to put his 211 in the closet and run an HDMI up the wall and through the attic to the TV roughly 50ft. Can the 622 send a signal that far over HDMI? Whats the max length? I see monoprice sells 100ft cables too.

At 100 feet, I would get one of the HDMI repeaters that boosts the signal. 50 feet is probably the reliable limit. I use a 35 footer from Monoprice with no trouble but have read a few problems at 75 feet.

My tv is 100ft away, I am using 2 50ft cables w/ a powered HDMI repeater. Works great.

Studies have shown that Component cables are more reliable over distances greater than 20-30 feet. Also, the 622 HDMI connection is not very reliable. :) I would use a monoprice.com 50 foot component+audio wire instead.

Or perhaps run both, and then have a backup, without ever having to run wires in the attic again. :(

I use a 20 meter (~65 foot) HDMI cable I bought from monoprice, from my 622 to my LCD in the bedroom and it works great! I only wanted to run one cable, so I went with the HDMI run.

On my current setup, I use a 25ft HDMI with no problems. But the wife wants to change around the living room ;) so soon I will be trying the 25ft, then a HDMI coupler, and a 15ft. I will report back with the results.

Hey 0010, have you ever gotten anything from CCT (callcct.com) or Parts Express (partsexpress.com)? Both of them are conveniently local to Dayton and they have great prices. :) Over close to Parts Express is MCM (mcmelectronics.com) which sometimes has good deals. But usually their prices are rather comical.

All three places have HDMI cables.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)