Maximum RG6 Run

I have gotten 500 feet working before with Legacy LNB’s on RG6

The key to making it work is the switch commands getting to the switch.

I remember we had to run separate cables for 119/110 and then placed the sw21 within 50 feet of the receiver, or in one situation right behind the receiver.

Dish pro LNB’s will even work longer distances as there is no 13/18 volt switching, rather a constant 20 volts.

I really wish Directv would have gone to a stacked type setup when using external switches such as a SWM 16. The fact they combine the 99/101 and 110/103/119 really bothers me.

With Dish you could always use separate dishes for separate satellites to address line of site issues. With Directv if you can’t get everything on a slimline your pretty much out of luck.

I have had Directv installs where we could not get 99 and 103 on the same dish. This particular one was in downtown Manhattan by the former World Trade Center site
Your right on that point

What speeds were you seeing on that cable?

I didn’t speed test it.

But it’s enough to run POE for an IP phone and the internet and cameras I have running on it work fine.

A matter of fact I have 4 different buildings I own run off of that cat6 running across the street.

Only thing I’m concerned is if the wire is UV resistant. Been up there since 2008/2009

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Only thing I’m concerned is if the wire is UV resistant. Been up there since 2008/2009
I'd be more worried that the two buildings' grounds are bonded. We kept on blowing up telephones and network switches in thunderstorms when I worked in Michigan and they ran copper communications cables between the buildings. Turns out they were on two different power grids which made things worse. Even cloud-to-cloud lightning could induce enough ground current to blow everything up. They moved to fiber-optics after they determined that they would save money after just a few thunderstorms.

Reactions: littlecloud319

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts