Maybe a dumb Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

paulzzz

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 1, 2006
Maryland
I currently have a Dish 508 and a 721 with a Dish 500. If I add a Dish 622 do I need to add another dish on the roof? Looking to keep Dish 508 in the Family room, Dish 721 in the bedroom and adding a Dish 622 in the basement. (looking for space here from all the rest of the house. Help!) But, was hoping to only replace the dish on the roof.
Thanks in advace.
Paul

welcome :wave

I wonder what kind of LNB is up there already. Do you know if you have 2 cable lines from the dish to the 721 or 1 and a separator (looks like a splitter right by the box)?

if you want to keep the 508 & 721 and add the 622, you'll need a DPP44+ switch. That would be the easiest

I have two seperate lines to the 721 and one to the 508. I would like to keep the the issue to one dish on the roof with the 622 added to one additional tv in the basement. Is this possible?

so you have 3 lines from the dish...1 to the 508 and 2 to the 721?
or do you have a switch somewhere?

Easiest upgrade would be the DPP44+ switch and separators

2 lines from the dish to the DPP44+ switch
1 line from switch to 508
1 line from switch and separator right at 721
1 line from switch and separator right at 622

Thanks Iceberg for the info. There are presently no switches between the conncetions to the 508 and the 721. They are direct. Would adding the DPP44+ switch and three receivers have a power issue?

no power issues at all. The switch mainly allows you to use one cable from the switch to the receiver and by utilizing the separartor, you only need one line from the switch to the dual tuner reciever so instead of 5 lines, you only need 3 :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)