Maybe getting a 410

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rjl75

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Hi,

I'm sorry to cut in on your thread, but I just signed on to this form, and I can not find where to go to post my questions about the skyvision DSR-410?

rjl75

Hi,

I have a Pansat 2700A and a DSR-920 4DTV I am using with a 12' fiberglass dish. Will the Ku feed horn I use to operate the 2700A work for the DSR-410 or do I need a different kind? I was also trying to find information on the audio channels that come in the package, and if it has hits of the 50's music as one of the audio channels.

Thank you,
rjl75

Are you using a universal or standard LNB?

Hi,

I don't know which it is, I bought it at Skyvision and it has the LNB and the Ku mounted to different waveguides on a single feed horn. does this discription tell which it is? Also, if one is more expensive than the other I got the cheaper one.

rjl75

Hi,

I have a Pansat 2700A and a DSR-920 4DTV I am using with a 12' fiberglass dish. Will the Ku feed horn I use to operate the 2700A work for the DSR-410 or do I need a different kind?
yes it will work fine.

I was also trying to find information on the audio channels that come in the package, and if it has hits of the 50's music as one of the audio channels.

Thank you,
rjl75

if you already have a 920 and a KU Band LNB or dish, swing over to X4 and see for yourself. No need for the 410 as the audio channels are in the clear and the 920 will get those just fine :)

I don't know what constitutes "50's music" unless it says "50s music" to me :)
Here is the list. Scroll down to the bottom half and the stuff in light yellow is the audio channels. See if any of those are right. Or if you already have the KU dish, swing it over to X4 and see for yourself :)

Galaxy 16 at 99.0°W - LyngSat

Hi,

I tuned into satellite X4 today, but I couldn't find any of the music listed on the music channel list provided. I didn't know what all of the abbreviations on the list meant but I took the 800 numbers to be the channels. I have the 920 4dtv if that makes a difference. I know I am on the right satellite because I found a channel on the c-band side broadcasting a banner telling what satellite and channel I was tuned to, so with this I was also able to tune the polarity.

I was wondering if someone out there who is able to receive this music can check it for me, to see if they are still broadcasting?

I remember the receiver I had before the 4dtv had the capability to scan the audio frequencies to find satellite radio. If the 4dtv has this feature I don't know how to do it.

rjl75:eek:

Hi,

After posting this last entry I thought about the idea that the 920 is not receiving the KU signal. I went to the subscription channels that have moved to X-4 and I get nothing, no large banner comes up that states a subscription is required. I just get the black screen with no carrier. The KU is working with the FTA I get a lot of channels (about 30) on that satellite. If there is no switch in the 920 setup menus that has to be turned on for it to receive KU, I think the problem may come from how I connected up the antenna cables to the units. I don't know what the switch, that looks like a splitter does, but I may have split my input antenna cables coming from that switch, one to the FTA and the other to the 920. I have to pull my TV out today and check out my wiring.

Does anyone think there would be a problem with two receivers sending power out to one antenna?

rjl75

On the 920 there are 2 cable connections on the back of the receiver. Make sure the Ku is connected. Test it direct to the LNB(f) without a splitter. Are the LNB settings correct for your setup?

You can also try the 90 deg reversed LNB setting. Many people report it necessary to select that for X4.

Does anyone think there would be a problem with two receivers sending power out to one antenna?

rjl75

Yes, don't do that. Use a splitter that blocks the DC voltage to one unit.
Make sure to power off the receivers before disconnecting cables. Plug them in again when everything reconnected.

Hi,
The KU is working with the FTA I get a lot of channels (about 30) on that satellite.
rjl75

You may be on the wrong bird, I do not think there is really any channels on Galaxy-16 ku-band.

How is your c-band on G-16 tune to G4 on the 4dtv I think there is 2 analog channels there, on dvb you should have some channels on c-band also.

Hi,

On G-16 on the C-band side I get channel 17 with a Disney banner with the satellite and channel printed on it. With the FTA receiver I get the 3 networks plus Fox coming from Caribbean area. The FTA receives a lot of channel on this satellite.

I went behind my TV and I can't figure out my wiring, So I am going to wait until I have a voltage blocking device to put in the line, then rewire the receivers. I am worried if I experiment with the cables now I may loose what I have.

I do not know if I have the selection in the setup of the 4dtv correct, where I select the kind of LNB and KU that are out on the dish, but I can eliminate the selections down to about 2. There is a servo motor, but that is all I know about whats on the front of the dish. I also put a VOM meter to the incoming antenna cables and it reads 10 volts dc.

What is the purpose of a DiSEqC ? The Pansat manual doesn't include one in the wiring diagram. The installation diagram just has a direct line from the dish to the receiver. I don't know how I was able to hook it up unless it came with it's own directions.

rjl75

If you have both the C-Band LNB and the Ku-Band LNB on your Big Dish, you probably have a Corotor 2 feedhorn assembly, but it could be an ADL feedhorn assembly? Either way they are the best type in my opinion. If this is what you have, the Diseqc Switch will be needed to get both the C-Band and Ku-Band to your Pansat. You will need to split the signal from each C/Ku line with a High Frequency Splitter preferably with One Port Power Pass, and that port should go to the 4dtv. The other port should go to the Diseqc switch with the C to port 1 and the Ku to port 2 (or something simular).
If you have only a C-Band LNB, then you won't need the Diseqc Switch until you are able to receive Ku signals? Good Luck!

Al

No, I have never received any channels on the KU side of my 4dtv, but up until I got FTA my dish was only equipped for c-band channels. I never heard of any KU-band channels out there, so I didn't find it strange to not finding any.

rjl75

Hmm for ku-band on dvb try Galaxy-25 (T5) there is probably 100 channels on dvb there, on 4dtv try X0, K3, X4 and K5 they all have programming.

Your dish is most probably is off, on G3-600 what is your quality, it should be 99.

Hi,

I ordered some high frequency spliters, but they are back ordered. When I get them I will disconnect the antenna cables from the wall to the receivers and redo it.

I live on the west coast and I am afraid to rotate the dish any further east on a regular basis than X-4. I have a 12' fiberglass dish that is thick and heavy plus there is a lot of steel supporting it that moves with it. I am worried because the further east it goes the heavier it is for the actuator to move.

I may get another antenna some day to receive the signals in the east end of the country, but right now I know I will solve the radio channels problem when the receiver is reconnected properly. I am also very happy with getting the tv networks 3 hours early and I can be to bed by 8pm.

rjl75

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)