Maybe the best 80 bucks I have ever spent!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Charper-I agree cheaper for cheapers sake is not good, but my question is, can you get a better deal buying the cables seperatly? One site said the swith was 399 bucks but they were "giving" you over 350 bucks in cables.

That sounds like billy mays selling oxyclean to me!!!

If I can get a box that does 5 inputs for 100 bucks and buy cables for 20 bucks each as I need them vs 400 bucks for 2 inputs, well it isnt that hard to decide. They admitted the 400 dollor box is worth only 50 bucks, the rest is 1000% price marked up cables.

Its a 4 input switch plus 4 6' cables for $349.

6' UL3 listed, low-loss cables $35 (on the low side) x4 $140
3' TOSLINK fiber optic cable $22
makes the switch $187

Not a bad deal, all-in-one package. Top notch proven quality (we have all heard of Gefen). Its worth that extra $50 to me to know exactly what I am getting from a highly rated, named supplier, with a great track record; and that other one is PRE-ORDER only; the mark of DEATH.

charper1 said:
Its a 4 input switch plus 4 6' cables for $349.

6' UL3 listed, low-loss cables $35 (on the low side) x4 $140
3' TOSLINK fiber optic cable $22
makes the switch $187

Not a bad deal, all-in-one package. Top notch proven quality (we have all heard of Gefen). Its worth that extra $50 to me to know exactly what I am getting from a highly rated, named supplier, with a great track record; and that other one is PRE-ORDER only; the mark of DEATH.

I got good HDMI 6 foot cables for 20 bucks each and a toslink 3 foot for 12 bucks

Thats $112 making the switch $237. and who has 4 HDMI sorces ATM another advantage of the other model (add cables as needed) plus I dont need the toslink output.

The other one is a new model, the one it is replacing is discontinued on the site and the new one carries their name.

dodge said:
I bought the cyber home dvd recorder from wally world for 79.99, and it works better than the pos Go video I paid 229.00 for. I was surprised and the quality is good as well. To bad I dont have a tv with HDMI otherwise I would get one as well.
dodge,I looked at one of these DVD player/recorders at Wal Mart earlier today,the model number on it was 1200.I wasn't too sure about it,so I didn't pick it up.Is that the model number that you have?It was 80 bucks,if it is still there now. :eek:

Cables are the biggest mark up items most stores carry. If you knew what the wholesale cost of these $100 cables was you would burn Big Blue down.

That $100 Monster Cable can be bought by a store employee for under 20 bucks.

raoul5788 said:
Thanks for the reply raoul.That is the one that Eric is talking about.The model number 1200 that I am asking about is a DVD player/recorder made by Cyber Home that I saw at Wal Mart yesterday.On the box,it states that it can be used to record VHS tapes onto DVDs,it also states that it can be used like a VCR,connecting it to a TV to record programming onto DVDs too.I noticed that this 1200 model has the Y,Pb and Pr output jacks to connect to an HDTV or Plasma TV too.However,it doesn't appear to have HDMI or DVI outputs on it.It was priced at 80 bucks,like the 655 model number.I was wondering if anyone on here has bought this 1200 model and tried it out yet.:)

I plan on getting the DVD recorder also. Gotta get it past the committee (the wife) first, she has a rule on me not buying to many electronics in a week.

I thought that component video and HDMI would give you the best picture available, but not necessarily 1080i. Since current DVD players can only provide 480p if connected with component video or HDMI. Would a "Techy" please confirm?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)