MAZ crashes

B.J.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Western Maine
I had posted in other threads that I couldn't get MAZ-22 to run. It kept crashing right after I'd try to start it up. I tried everything I could think of, but couldn't get it to run. It would contact 3 urls on the internet, getting update info, etc, create some files, then crash.

I finally had the idea that since this was occurring shortly after collecting update info, that perhaps the "fact" that I had automatic updates disabled was related to the crashes. Well I checked, and although I "always" keep automatic updates in manual mode, somehow I had left it on the last time I "temporarily" enabled it. :eek:

So I turned it off, and out of curiosity, I tried MAZ-22 again. This time it WORKED!?!?!

I don't know if the automatic update thing was responsible, as I may have changed something else in my system since the last time I tried it, but it's worth a try if anyone is having MAZ crash.

I had posted in other threads that I couldn't get MAZ-22 to run. It kept crashing right after I'd try to start it up. I tried everything I could think of, but couldn't get it to run. It would contact 3 urls on the internet, getting update info, etc, create some files, then crash.

I finally had the idea that since this was occurring shortly after collecting update info, that perhaps the "fact" that I had automatic updates disabled was related to the crashes. Well I checked, and although I "always" keep automatic updates in manual mode, somehow I had left it on the last time I "temporarily" enabled it. :eek:

So I turned it off, and out of curiosity, I tried MAZ-22 again. This time it WORKED!?!?!

I don't know if the automatic update thing was responsible, as I may have changed something else in my system since the last time I tried it, but it's worth a try if anyone is having MAZ crash.
Nice to know and thanks for the update.:up:D

Well, I spoke too soon. Today, MAZ won't run again. Tried turning auto update on and off, but no change. So it must have been something else that did it.
I did find out though, that I had it installed twice, and the directory I tried running it from yesterday when it worked, is not the same directory I was trying initially today, so I may have messed up something by trying to run it in a different directory, however I looked through the registry, and don't see any reason that should matter.
I tried MAZ on yet a 3rd computer, this one a somewhat older XP computer that doesn't have the most recent service pack on it. Strangely, it initially wouldn't run on this computer at first, but I hadn't updated this computer to the IP# of my new router, and once I did that, it ran fine.
Strange. I went through all the running services on both computers, and they are essentially the same, except for things that came in with the new service pack. Nothing that would explain it working yesterday but not today.
Well at least I got it working on one computer. And it's a computer that I can access from my laptop with a remote desktop, so it's not too much trouble to use it instead of my main computer.
I don't think this program was designed very well if it gives this much trouble to get it to run. But it does look like a nice program.

I still wonder why it needs to switch directories that are read only in the azbox to read write. That shouldn't be necessary for the channel files. Sounds like it's changing something in the firmware to allow it to run better, which seems dangerous.

Anyway, I was premature thinking that I figured out what was causing the crashes. I'm still confused.

I had problems and had to throw away a couple of installs, then copy my data files over to get it to open.
What made me give up on Maz was the corruption of DiSEqC settings.

Well, I spoke too soon. Today, MAZ won't run again. Tried turning auto update on and off, but no change. So it must have been something else that did it. ....
Anyway, I was premature thinking that I figured out what was causing the crashes. I'm still confused.

Well, out of curiosity, I tried it again today.
It runs fine.?!?#$%^#!????
This thing seems more dependent on the time of day or maybe dependent on what programs I've run before it than anything else. Weird.

I have noticed some apparent errors in the channel data when MAZ22 downloads it to the computer though, in particular, it doesn't seem to completely understand the IP channel data. On the other hand, I haven't really completely got that working yet either, so perhaps it's waiting for the Azbox firmware to get straightened out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)