Me too! Billed for *free* install and billed again (but Great PQ!)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KeithQ

Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
DFW
So I have been reading all the stories on here about Voom and wondered if I could avoid the credit card hassle.

Called them up before my install but after my order was placed for an install end of July. Asked the CSR whether or not I should speak to acounting or could she help me. Advised I did not want to be auto-billed but preferred a statement and I would pay with a different card than I used to get installed initially. She replied, don't worry about it, we don't do that. "You'll get a paper bill," she assured me.

So, install went great, picture quality is excellent, the Olympics are wonderful (my 12 year old is a gymnast and loves the coverage) and we are please over all.

I get a call two days ago from the fraud dept. of my CC company. They tell me they've rcvd a 'recurring charge' for $75.03 from someone they hadn't seen before on my account, Get Voom. I said, oh looks like I've been billed for part of the install, and not to worry. He then said, oh wait, I *do* see another charge from this company last month, for $811...

What?! What happened to my free install that was before the cutoff for the special? Called Voom and was told they had mistakenly sold me the STB and charged me for the install, even though she saw I was leasing the gear and had a free install. She would escalate it and it should be reduced to $111 and that I should hear from accouting in 7-10 days! Now why should it take 2 business weeks to hear back?

As far as pre-charging me on the same CC, she advised that was their poilcy, despite what the previous CSR had told me.

So, a $700 mistake already and I have not even rcvd a paper invoice yet. *And* mislead (or perhaps misunderstood) about being billed in advance.

Not happy, from an accounting stand point. And yes, I am copying in the mysterious "Wilt".

[sigh]

Welcome to Voom

From now on when you call Voom you should record all the phone calls 'for quality assurance' like they do.

Anyway these type of stories do loads of damage for Direct TV lurkers here thinking about getting Doom, I mean Voom and it turns them away.

Voom is kind of like the roach motel. Your CC gets charged but you can't get it back. Its a 1 way street.

Not everyone has these experiences, Voom's policy right now IS $200 per new install, the rare few have worked out a deal for free installs. They've posted their stories here and how to reverse them.

Direct Tv lurkers can retreat to the safety of their standard definition. If you're really worried about your CC get a prepaid CC, and only load it with the cost of your monthly service. If you don't pay that month they'll just shut you off. Oh no, looks like I thought "outside of the box"!

I honestly thought that the people with this type of problem were planted by marketers for the other services. I still believe some of this may be true. Mine was not. There needs to be a way to discuss problems with the people making the decisions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)