ME TV On Dish

Correct but in Traverse City Market WPBN transmits both 7.1 and 7.2 in high def. However after the repack several stations are combined signals like NY WNBC 4 will be 1080 along with WNJU ch 47 1080 utilizing the same frequency

That is an exception to what most others do and they are doing it by not transmitting NBC in it's full resolution. They also have a third 480I channel, I wonder if the picture of 720 channels have been compromised...

Would seem unlikely till 3.0 or if there are only two channels? (or it came from a different real frequency but showed at the same virtual?)

WDBB and WABM in Birmingham have two 720p channels plus a SD subchannel on them. They look good, can’t tell it from the other channels with one HD and three or four SD subchannels.

Reactions: RONZ and TheKrell
WDBB and WABM in Birmingham have two 720p channels plus a SD subchannel on them. They look good, can’t tell it from the other channels with one HD and three or four SD subchannels.

That's good that they look fine. It would take side by side to see if just one HD channel with one or two 480I looked any better but if it looks fine that's what counts. Though this is another instance of using a lower resolution than the network broadcasts in. CW is 1080I but they lowered to 720.

That's good that they look fine. It would take side by side to see if just one HD channel with one or two 480I looked any better but if it looks fine that's what counts. Though this is another instance of using a lower resolution than the network broadcasts in. CW is 1080I but they lowered to 720.

Yeah, I imagine keeping the quality of both HD feeds as high as possible is why Sinclair has the CW at 720p on WDBB.
CW is still 1080i on WTTO, and WDBB is just a satellite of WTTO for the western part of the market.

Reactions: Tampa8
It’s too bad MeTV didn’t launch this week. MeTV was dropped yesterday in the Bay Area and doesn’t have a new station to go to yet, so many are upset. Only U-Verse carries it at this time.

Portland's Sinclair station KATU does run two 720p HDs as well as two SD 480's. The pq is pretty good. 2.1 KATU ABC HD/2.2 METV HD/2.3 Comet SD/2.4 Stadium 480i. Out PBS KOPB runs 2 HD's 10.1 PBS1HD 1080i 10.2 PBS+ 1080i HD, 10.3 PBS Kids SD, and 10.4 Three streams on audio. The engineers tell me with new equipment they can enhance the pq a bit. 3.0 should be interesting as Sinclair plans to add a lot of extra channels with the system. I think the number of channels in most cities will increase. Portland does not carry a lot of the diginets as there are not enough OTA stations. Some smaller cities have more OTA stations. But I am sure glad to see Dish is adding more of them. I do not believe Direct carries any. At least the last time I checked. But more local cable companies are carrying them.

Per MeTV's website:

upload_2018-3-28_10-25-55.png

METV for Tampa on the METV site also shows channel 247 in addition to all the other ways you can watch here

Subchannel OTA in Nashville is broadcast 16:9 480i and looks pretty good. Of course watching a recorded program is impossible. I'll bet Dish will be SD.

Subchannel OTA in Nashville is broadcast 16:9 480i and looks pretty good. Of course watching a recorded program is impossible. I'll bet Dish will be SD.
How does 16:9 look pretty good when the majority of the content was originally 4:3? Is it stretched and/or cropped? Then that isn't good.

And the test channel for 247 was in SD, so there's no betting needed.

Why am I getting a sense of deja vu? :D

Reactions: Cheddar_Head

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)