ME TV

Are you referring to guide data in Dish's world, or PSIP? I'm guessing the station is providing it via PSIP, but Dish won't use it. Blame Dish.

And now cue all of those who say "it's too expensive" for Dish to use PSIP although it's baked into those <$100 TVs you can get at Wal*Mart.
I am talking about the Dish guide. I have the ota module attached to my HWS's. When I select guide on the remote, I have information for the maind ota channel, but nothing for the sub channels.

I am talking about the Dish guide. I have the ota module attached to my HWS's. When I select guide on the remote, I have information for the maind ota channel, but nothing for the sub channels.
Have you tried hooking up the antenna directly to the TV to see if you have data, if you do on the Television’s guide, you know it is Dish, not the data the channel is/not putting out.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have no data on my Hopper but I do have data if I go to my Sling app's guide.
Here in the Orlando area, I have data on both the Tablo and on the Sony for every channel here.

The guide on the Sony is very nice actually, best I have seen for OTA.

Any word if we’re getting that channel back?
I don't think Metv will be back on Dish in any location without it being on the main channel of a full service station. Only full service stations can negotiate for their network(s) to be added to Dishes locals. Like KVCW vt33 has MyNet on the LV locals even though it on a sub channel. KHSV vt21 in LV has Metv on there main channel and its a full service station. I am sure they are trying to get the station on the LV local line up. These full service station have clout when it comes to popular networks like Metv and not having local advertising by not being in any Dish locals. These full service stations can put pressure on Dish and the Metv network to stop Metv from being on Dish. I think this was the main reason for Dish to drop Metv and not so much the cost.

I don't think Metv will be back on Dish in any location without it being on the main channel of a full service station.
You DO know that it (a national feed) was just added to DirecTV last month, & in HD to boot...so I don't think those reasons apply here.
And just like it was on DISH, DirecTV does black it out in all markets where MeTV is being carried as a sat-delivered local.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I don't think Metv will be back on Dish in any location without it being on the main channel of a full service station. Only full service stations can negotiate for their network(s) to be added to Dishes locals. Like KVCW vt33 has MyNet on the LV locals even though it on a sub channel. KHSV vt21 in LV has Metv on there main channel and its a full service station. I am sure they are trying to get the station on the LV local line up. These full service station have clout when it comes to popular networks like Metv and not having local advertising by not being in any Dish locals. These full service stations can put pressure on Dish and the Metv network to stop Metv from being on Dish. I think this was the main reason for Dish to drop Metv and not so much the cost.
Please explain the bolded. Why can't stations negotiate with a MVPD to provide their subchannel?

You DO know that it (a national feed) was just added to DirecTV last month, & in HD to boot...so I don't think those reasons apply here.
And just like it was on DISH, DirecTV does black it out in all markets where MeTV is being carried as a sat-delivered local.
Put it this way. Tt's a ranking, cost and sb space game with local sat coverage. All full services stations get first shot at being on sat and can negotiate what Networks that they have will be on the sat at what price. The non full service stations are lower on the totem pole and have to wait until all the full service station networks have been add to find out if there is still space left for their network to be on the sb. If there is extra space they can negotiate getting there network on the sb.

Tt's a ranking, cost and sb space game with local sat coverage.
Absolutely no clue what you're attempting to say here. (what IS an "sb")
And as previously pointed out, your previous statement re: subchannels being carried by DISH - or ANY other MVPD - is simply wrong.

Honestly as others have already mentioned, it's simply a case where for whatever reason, Weigel & DISH had a carriage disagreement & therefore MeTV got removed from DISH - nothing more! And it's hardly like this is the first time this has happened - either with DISH OR Weigel. And the fact it's still on the EPG (in it's NLA status) tells me there's the possibility of it being restored in the near future; if there was NO chance of it coming back, DISH would have completely removed it long by now.

In general only network O&Os and station groups that also own Big 4 affiliates opt for retransmission consent payments, everyone else usually opts for free must carry status. Class A and LPTV stations can't opt for free must carry status, only full power stations can, and it only forces carriage of their primary channel. The offer to negotiate carriage to one, offer to negotiate carriage to all rule for stations that opt for retransmission consent payments only applies to the primary feed of full power stations, offering carriage of subchannels is optional.

Both DISH and DIRECTV tend to only carry subchannels and Class A/LPTV stations if they are the market's Big 6 affiliate, or in select markets, the local Univision, Telemundo or UniMas affiliate. For some Gray owned stations that results in the MeTV subchannel being carried because they pre-empt 2 hours overnight to clear MyNetworkTV, in some other markets that results in diginets like DABL or TBD being carried.

In some cases the diginet affiliation agreement even specifically states the subchannel affiliate only has the right to negotiate carriage on cable and telco providers, so the network can seek a national deal with satellite and streaming providers.

Dish did not black it out here in Indy.
Indy's MeTV is WTHR 13.3 along with a simulcast on their Class A sister station WALV-CD 46.1, neither of which are carried by DISH, so the national feed wasn't blacked out for you. DISH blacked it out in markets like NYC, Denver and Philly where their MeTV is carried as a local channel, and DIRECTV does the same.

As for Vegas, even though KHSV is a full power station, it's owned by one of Sinclair's shell companies Howard Stirk who "voluntarily" withdrew their satellite carriage and reduced their cable penetration to eliminate themselves as local competition after its major network affiliations and syndicated programming were moved to the station Sinclair outright owns as part of their ownership cap loophole shenanigans, so DISH was still able to offer MeTV's national feed in the market and DIRECTV is able to offer it too. (At around the same time in 2014, Sinclair made similar moves in Birmingham, Harrisburg and Charleston and they have since done it in additional markets like Dayton)

Last edited:
Put it this way. Tt's a ranking, cost and sb space game with local sat coverage. All full services stations get first shot at being on sat and can negotiate what Networks that they have will be on the sat at what price. The non full service stations are lower on the totem pole and have to wait until all the full service station networks have been add to find out if there is still space left for their network to be on the sb.
There is not a bunch of station owners knocking on Dish’s door asking to be first, if a diginet wants to be on Dish, they would contact them to see if they can come to a agreement, if there are rights issues with the content, that could be a reason why they are not on Dish, or the simple answer might be they are asking too much in per sub fees and Dish said no.
If there is extra space they can negotiate getting their network on the sb.
Since most of those sub channels are in SD, they barely take up any space on the spot beams.

You can try again and make up another reason why sub channels are not on Dish.

Still receiving it via the DISH OTA dongle. It's on a channel that uses low VHF for its signaling so it's really bad signal that drops out often. The DISH DVR can track it but it loses signal and sound sync so that sometimes the program is unwatchable. The primary dish Hopper and wireless Joeys can ride through the signal and sync loss but trying to watch it (and this applies to any OTA channel with sketchy reception) on the Dish Remote app on my phone or tablet causes the hopper to reboot or freeze requiring the red button reboot.

DISH's OTA programming guide info shows nothing, but that's also applicable to almost all of the OTA content on the Dish programming info. Either channels are wrong, content is wrong (or only in 1 hour anonymous blocks) or both. When MeTV was a subchannel of the local CBS affiliate (it used to be on 8.2) the Dish guide info was correct. When it moved it was lost and now only shows 1 hour anonymous blocks. I've given up trying to get DISH to fix the OTA programming info. They seem not to care.

I get Me Tv as a sub channel to CBS 5 here. Our local CBS actually ran the Saints/Chiefs game Sunday on the Me TV sub channel in lieu of Me programing. Even the game was listed and my TiVo recorded it.

What is a "full service station'?