Medford Oregon NBC went HDTV!!

BlackHitachi,

I can't pick up KOBI-HD NBC over the air in Medford, OR. I live in West Medford. I have an indoor antenna and I can pick up the other local HD channels. Do you think I need an outdoor antenna?

What is your zip code? I used the intersection of Arnold Ln & Madrona Ln zip 97501 to simulate "West Medford, OR" and luckily all DT channels are UHF:

KMVU-DT FOX @ 78° and 7 miles; freq assignment 27

KSYS-DT PBS @ 309° and 32 miles; freq assignment 42

KDRV-DT ABC @ 309° and 32 miles; freq assignment 38

KOBI-DT NBC @ 309° and 32 miles; freq assignment 15

Looking like a good UHF antenna with a rotator IMHO:

ROTATORS

Antennas Listed Below
Winegard HD 9095P
Channel Master CM 4228
Winegard PR 8800
Antennas Direct DB4
Antennas Direct 42XG

Last edited:
Well i live in East Medford and i had to buy a outdoor antenna to pick up KOBI. Its the weirdest thing? Any way i went to Radio shack and got a http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103088&cp=2032057.2032187.2032189.2032205&parentPage=family

For 24.99 this thing works great!! I get all of our locals. Also when you do get NBC Kobi i don't know why but it used to be 5.1 with no sub channels. Well now its just 5.2 with no sub channels but when a HD program is on its HD!! Oh yea just to let you know don't go to the mall for a antenna. Goto the south gateway or Bear creek radio shack.

Last edited:
Yep, it was at least positive. I somehow wish they would either resign Collins or trade to get Leinart (as crazy as that sounds.)

Thanks to BlackHitachi and charper1 for the info. By the way my zip is 97501. I think I will go to Radio Shack to get antenna.

lvman707

Good luck and remember to post to let us know how it turns out. Be sure to get a heading compass to properly aim the antenna (everyone should have one in the toolbox any how). One channel ( KMVU-DT FOX @ 78°) is "off" from all the others; so I would aim at the 309° heading first to see what happens.

Attachments

• mapcompass1.jpg
    mapcompass1.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 210
lvman707 said:
Thanks to BlackHitachi and charper1 for the info. By the way my zip is 97501. I think I will go to Radio Shack to get antenna.

lvman707

No problem yea please do let us know how it goes. PBS, NBC and ABC are on king mountain North-North west of you. CBS and FOX are behind the antenna facing N-NW. FOX is on MT Baldy and CBS is around Ashland. The hardest to pick up will be NBC KOBI. It needs a medium medium directional antenna. The one in the link i posted will work. I did not even have to use a amp. The lowest signal i have is 73 going through my neighbors house. The highest i have is 100. Hope it turns out again let us know.

charper1 said:
You know he was the lone abstention in the new NFL commish vote? Even after praising the guy?

I can believe it plus Al's hip has been really hurting him he probably wanted to get home and get ready for the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)