Mediacom HDTV Offerings in the QC Area

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Larry

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Sep 13, 2003
Southern California
Has anyone had any dealings with Mediacom in the Quad City, IL, area? I am particularly interested in any information on HDTV service and equipment, but I am also interested in internet speed and any general information about them. TIA.

Mediacom just launched 10/1 high speed, their standard is about 4600 up and 260 down for $42.00 a month. Moline's HD lineup consists of the following:

Fox
ABC
PBS
ESPN
ESPN 2
UHD
Discovery
HDNet
HDNet Movies
HBO East
HBO West
Starz
Showtime
TMC; HD package runs about 10 or 11 bucks a month

Mediacom uses the Motrola 6412 as it's primary HD receiver.

Hope this helps.

Thanks garn9173. I see you're in Ankeny...so it was nice of you to research the Moline area. I notice that CBS and NBC are not included in the HDTV offerings...can you shed any light on this?

From doing some quick research on the 6412, it looks like a step back from the SA-8300 that Brighthouse uses in my area. Oh well, that's the story of my life... :(

i'm guessing that Mediacom and whoever owns the CBS & NBC affiliates in the Quad Cities haven't reached an agreement to retransmit the HD signals.

Larry said:
Thanks garn9173. I see you're in Ankeny...so it was nice of you to research the Moline area. I notice that CBS and NBC are not included in the HDTV offerings...can you shed any light on this?

From doing some quick research on the 6412, it looks like a step back from the SA-8300 that Brighthouse uses in my area. Oh well, that's the story of my life... :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts