SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 11, 2004
Ankeny, IA
Main cable package after price increases to take effect in May:

*Iowa City from $47.95 to $51.95/month

*Cedar Rapids from $49.95/month to $51.95/month and in Dubuque:

$54.55/month

I haven't seen anything for Des Moines, but it's coming and you can thank $inclair for the ungodly high cable rates.

Edit: Rates are going up in DSM, from $47.95 to $51.95

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070320/BUSINESS/70320024/1001#

Last edited:
I saw that the "basic" (lifeline) is going up 55% in some parts :eek:

article

The cost of Mediacom's Broadcast Basic -- the low-cost cable TV package favored by many low and fixed-income households -- will rise 55 percent effective with May bills in Cedar Rapids.

Mediacom's metro Cedar Rapids customers had been paying $12.87 per month for a package of 19 local network stations and mainstream cable channels, such as CW and WGN. The rate will rise to $19.95 effective with May bills, which will arrive during the last 10 days of April, confirmed Mediacom spokeswoman Phyllis Peters.

The increase is coming at the same time as an increase in Mediacom's Family Cable package rate, to $51.95 per monthy in Iowa City and Cedar Rapids.

It's Mediacom... Doesn't surprise me a bit... When I thought about what provider I was going to get after I got married, there was Mediacom or Dish that provided locals. The choice was obvious... Mediacom couldn't pay ME for their horrid service. Sometimes (Quite often lately from talk at work), cable will be out for whole days at a time, for no apparant reason. ...which would also be why I went with Verizon for phone and internet. Mediacom is a nightmare.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)