Memphis, TN NBC Down?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ravma479

Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Can anyone confirm if the Memphis, TN NBC affiliate, WMC-DT, is down? I haven't been able to receive a signal since yesterday. It just cut off.
Thanks

This is a common occurrence for NBC in the Memphis area. It goes and comes without warning. NBC is the worst in my area.

I always receive CBS and ABC.

FOX is up and running but at very low power. You must be very close to the University of Memphis to receive the signal. ( I'm not.)

I am very, very close to the U of M and I cant get it. My antenna is even 20 feet up. I thought their digital broadcast tower was on Mt. Moriah, however.
FYI, NBC is still down, It's day 3. See, this is why I think we need to be able to get national feeds on satellite... but alas.

Btw, is there any antenna you know of that might do the job? I'd really like to be able to get FOX.
Thanks

Try to get a waiver from that NBC station. Tell them that you need it only to get the national NBC-HD channel from your satellite provider. If they won't do it go through your sat provider. I did that and was able to get CBS distant net including their HD channel because my local CBS station ignored the waiver.

I spoke with the engineer last week and they are waiting on a part to arrive. I was not able to get an estimated time for the parts arrival.

Jeff T said:
This is a common occurrence for NBC in the Memphis area. It goes and comes without warning. NBC is the worst in my area.

WMC-DT goes down alot! I was amazed that it stayed up the entire Olympics. Check out this link http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=167943&highlight=memphis for Memphis HD viewers.

Hopefully WMC-DT will be up by the premiere of ER.

Do you think there is a chance we can get a waiver for the national feed on D* since the tower goes down so much and the signal is so hard to get? I'm only 2 miles away from it but I have a hard time keeping the signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts