Merry Christmas From Dish Network

I agree. It seems there are some companies (and people too) that will go through great lengths to avoid saying the word “Christmas” even though it’s a Federal holiday and so named. They even contrive some of the most preposterous explanations for avoiding saying Christmas. Are they attempting to avoid offending someone? I think not since they apparently have no problem potentially offending the Christian majority in this country.

I am not Christian and no offense taken! I despise this politically correct crap.

Just say it like it is..Period.

People just need to relax..

I can't believe I'm getting into this, but...

A) There are a lot of people on here. Does ANYONE know someone who HAS been offended by hearing "Merry Christmas"? People talk about others being offended, but I have yet to find one person who is.
B) I feel "Happy Holidays" is more inclusive since you DON'T know what a stranger might be celebrating. Even if the stranger is Christian, Happy Holidays can simply be referring to Christmas and New Years. (Instead of saying "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year"). When else during the year are two holidays celebrated with a week of each other?
C) It hasn't been mentioned on this board yet, so I'll get it out of the way... Would you be offended if someone wished you Happy Hanukkah (assuming you're Christian)? I'll assume the answer is "no" (have yet to find someone who admits to this). Which brings up two points... 1. If you're not offended by someone wishing you well for a holiday you don't celebrate, why do you think a non-Christian is offended when wished a "Merry Christmas", and 2. If you're not offended by "Happy Hanukkah" (which would TOTALLY not apply if you're Christian), why are you upset over being wished "Happy Holidays" (which fits no matter WHO you are)?

O'Reiiley gave them "patriot" status in the "patriots and pinheads" segment for celebrating the holiday the way it should be. Showed the ad. Good ad.

S~

So saying Merry Christmas is now an act of patriotism? I think FOX News is kissing up to Charlie because he is in the loop with the Dems who have the key posts, that's all:)

Anyways, Merry Christmas!

To those who think people are offended by it, and to those who try not to offend others by not saying it, and to those who make a big deal out of people saying it or not saying it, and to those who think they are not allowed to say it, I say go to hell you all!:)

A) There are a lot of people on here. Does ANYONE know someone who HAS been offended by hearing "Merry Christmas"? People talk about others being offended, but I have yet to find one person who is.
B) I feel "Happy Holidays" is more inclusive since you DON'T know what a stranger might be celebrating. Even if the stranger is Christian, Happy Holidays can simply be referring to Christmas and New Years. (Instead of saying "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year"). When else during the year are two holidays celebrated with a week of each other?
C) It hasn't been mentioned on this board yet, so I'll get it out of the way... Would you be offended if someone wished you Happy Hanukkah (assuming you're Christian)? I'll assume the answer is "no" (have yet to find someone who admits to this). Which brings up two points... 1. If you're not offended by someone wishing you well for a holiday you don't celebrate, why do you think a non-Christian is offended when wished a "Merry Christmas", and 2. If you're not offended by "Happy Hanukkah" (which would TOTALLY not apply if you're Christian), why are you upset over being wished "Happy Holidays" (which fits no matter WHO you are)?

AMEN!!! ;)

This was kind of a present. I got a letter the other day from Dish saying that the Cinemax for a penny deal was expiring and my Cinemax would be cancelled. I figured no big deal I've gotten it for 2 years for .02. Then today I look at my online bill and see another .01 charged for Cinemax. I did an online chat and found out that it was renewed for another year. That's a pretty good present.

Consider yourself lucky then. I just found the penny charged this month so I did the online chat to check as well. The CSR informed me that the promotion was over and my penny would be refunded on the following statement. My Cinemax will end on 12/17/09. What can you do. Maybe I'll try another CSR.

Consider yourself lucky then. I just found the penny charged this month so I did the online chat to check as well. The CSR informed me that the promotion was over and my penny would be refunded on the following statement. My Cinemax will end on 12/17/09. What can you do. Maybe I'll try another CSR.

Guess I will watch my bill then. Hope they just end my Cinemax and not continue it at a higher price. I wouldn't pay any more for it. Have not got a notice on this yet.:confused:

Saying or not saying "Merry Christmas" is one of those nonsense problems that a few fools started up, then other fools decided they better do something about this non-problem, and it took off. I think the real problem started when companies like Wal-Mart and others ordered their employees not to say "Merry Christmas", which happened two years ago (my wife has worked for Wal-Mart going on 4 years now). What steams people up is being ordered on what to say, rather than leaving it up to each person. BTW, last year Wal-Mart reversed that order and their employees were allow to say "Merry Christmas" to customers.
I was a manager of a fast food place in a mall for years, and I never, never, had a customer get upset with me, or any of my crew, for wishing them "Merry Christmas", no matter what ethnic background they were. Of course if I had a person with a Yamaka on as a customer, then my employees or me would wish him a "Happy Hanukkah", I guess back then we were all a lot smarter around this time of year. We didn't need edicts from the home office on what to say to our customers.
Merry Christmas!!
Ghpr13:)

A. YES. Plenty of people are offended at CHRIST.

B. Christmas is the reason for the season. Without CHRISTmas, the so-called "Holiday Season" wouldn't exist as we know it.

C. NO. I respect other faiths even though I am a Christian and I believe there is only ONE way to God and that is through CHRIST. That being said, I have no desire to remove Hanukkah or any other non Christian holiday from the calendar. This is what makes the USA great.

This country was built upon on Judeo-Christian values. And for that reason Christian holidays will ALWAYS have superiority over other religious holidays. So diminishing Christmas to "Happy Holidays" is a slap in the face to the MAJORITY of those in this country who call themselves Christians and unfortunately many of us just don't care.

Last edited:
I really think that this whole thing is a non issue. With all the REAL problems we face as a nation, whether you say Merry Christmas or not , matters not a bit in the grand scheme of things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)