Merry Christmas!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTimm

Made In Detroit
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 18, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Yup, that's right. Got the mail this morning (no, we don't get delivery on Sunday -- I just never actually stepped outside yesterday - was off on a serious Voom bender!) and there it was... my first Christmas catalogue of the season, courtesy of the good folks at L.L.Bean! Guess it's time to start shopping! :shocked Now, if you'll excuse me, I really must get started on decking the halls with boughs of holly. . . :p

Iceberg said:
Christmas??

Its going to be 86 here today in Minneapolis

too damn hot :) (only should be 65)
Enjoy it, it's 10 degrees below average and raining in Portland. :mad: Fall came with a bang this year, 86 one day, 62 the next.

Wal-Mart already started the Christmas shopping season at the beginning of this month.

My wife sells Longaberger baskets and she's had her Christmas catalogs for some time now. My house is being taken over this weekend so that she can peddle her Christmas wares at an open house.

My company pushes Christmas stuff to our member hardware stores in May at our national conference, but we are always 6 months out of phase with the seasons. It's odd going to our trade show in May seeing Christmas stuff and our October show seeing the hot new Spring/Summer stuff.

I've noticed people already putting up those giant "adorable" inflatable light-up front yard atrocities for halloween this past weekend. That puts it at plenty over one month of joyous halloween preparation. I would even have to say three weeks is long enough to be staring at skeletons, bats, and pumpkins. But 5+ is going overboard. Don't get me started on Christmas pre-hype. I really enjoy Christmas myself, but when the time comes. I'm patient, I can hold off my celebrations until say the first week in December. I'll even be content if people wait for at least the day after Thanksgiving, the traditional consumers' best shopping day. At least that's how I remember it used to be, little if any Christmas stuff appeared before Thanksgiving. Christmas shouldn't be prioritized when Thanksgiving (or halloween for that matter) haven't even come around yet.

[/RANT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)