Mess left after my upgrade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jssat

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Wooster, OH
The installer said he is the local Quality Control Manager for dish. You be the judge by the pics I attached. This was a 625 upgrade and my dishes was upgraded to Dish Pro and 2- 34 switches.

James

Attachments

• dish 001.jpg
    dish 001.jpg
    450.5 KB · Views: 671
  • dish 002.jpg
    dish 002.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 586
  • dish 003.jpg
    dish 003.jpg
    467.2 KB · Views: 623
  • dish 004.jpg
    dish 004.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 557
i help out my QAS out here and i would definitely fail this job and send them back to fix it. he used white cable when original install is done with black. left barrels at the dish thats big no no. and he didn't even cut zip ties.

Last edited:
I just had Dish Network installed about 1 1/2 months ago, and I couldn't believe how clean of an install they did. I was shocked that they would take as much time as they did to make all the cabling running along my outside siding look nearly invisible. :)

Whats your problem? All the wries are there...and over here.. and some back there... and you even got some extras for your next upgrade. :)
If he's QC for dish, we now know one answer to all the complaints. I'd hate to get a regular installer.

RobertsD said:
I just had Dish Network installed about 1 1/2 months ago, and I couldn't believe how clean of an install they did. I was shocked that they would take as much time as they did to make all the cabling running along my outside siding look nearly invisible. :)

I did installations for 4 or 5 years and tried to be the same as you described. This guy shocked me because he said he is a Q.C. Manager and then turned around and left me this way. It will be no problem to clean his work up myself, but thats not the point.;)

volkodav said:
left barrels at the dish thats big no no.
Huh?

Why would that possibly be a "big no no"? I'll admit it's not often needed, but I do NOT see any reason other than the "fewest connectors possible" rule.

SimpleSimon said:
Huh?

Why would that possibly be a "big no no"? I'll admit it's not often needed, but I do NOT see any reason other than the "fewest connectors possible" rule.

I'm with you on that on Simon. The ONLY reason why I could see a Dish QC guy complaining about barrels is the possibility for signal loss and/or corrosion. And even then those complaints would only be merited if the installer didn't tighten and waterproof the connections

gbjbany said:
you want to see a mess ???? I found this on Dslreports
http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/72196

Yee-ikes!! This is one of the reasons why I quit installing for the cable companies. Way too many incidents of lockboxes being split open and plundered. And just think of the cable tech who has to actually try to figure out which line is which for a disconnect. No wonder a lot of apartment disconnects get blown-off and forgotten.

No way does the barrel connector equal a 3dB loss, we figure 1 dB connection in our MDU schemes and have measure less than that. (assuming use of a quality compression end and HF quality barrel)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)