Message flashing too fast to read, HD cable not compatible with something....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ChairBound

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Spotsylvania, VA
Folks, since about three updates ago, I have periodically been getting a message flash on the screen after the 1:30AM'ish reboot that says something about my HD cable not being compatible with something. The message is quite long, but stays on the screen for only about 2 seconds (and I am a fast reader). I never get past the first three words of the message before it is gone. The message happens so infrequently, that I forget to just look for the message number instead of trying to read the screen. I cannot duplicate anything that causes the message to appear, and my HDMI cable is not a cheapy, nor has it ever caused me any problems that I know of. The connections are all firm and secure. Does anyone else know what the heck this message says...any fast readers out there who have been able to read the whole thing? I would sure appreciate any insight.

Folks, since about three updates ago, I have periodically been getting a message flash on the screen after the 1:30AM'ish reboot that says something about my HD cable not being compatible with something. The message is quite long, but stays on the screen for only about 2 seconds (and I am a fast reader). I never get past the first three words of the message before it is gone. The message happens so infrequently, that I forget to just look for the message number instead of trying to read the screen. I cannot duplicate anything that causes the message to appear, and my HDMI cable is not a cheapy, nor has it ever caused me any problems that I know of. The connections are all firm and secure. Does anyone else know what the heck this message says...any fast readers out there who have been able to read the whole thing? I would sure appreciate any insight.
Next time message pops up have your cell phone ready take a pic and post it. Might help someone to figure out what is going on and maybe can help you.

HDMI-CEC?

That would be my guess, perhaps saying that your TV is not CEC compatible or some such. Do you have CEC enabled and does it work? If not, check your setting to see if it is enabled. If so, disable and see what happens.

You can also take a video. You can set it beforehand, and later slo-mo and pause on the message. That way, you don't have to be the fastest photo-clicker in history. :)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: sethwell
What channel are you tuned to when this happens? What make /model of tv do you have and what year was it manufactured?

Not tuned to a channel. This directly after daily reboot, which happens when I am on any channel or even when TV is off. I have had it turned off, only to turn it on around 2AM and see the message there. TV is a Samsung. Not sure what year it was manufactured, but I did not have this issue prior to Hooper's software updates about three or four versions ago.

I have turned off HDMI-CEC again. It was, in fact, back on. Thank you to those who made that suggestion. I will see if that was the issue...not that I know what that feature is. And yes, I read the description next to it in the menu, but I have always been able to do what it says, even when I turn the feature off, so what the hay.....?

890 would be the message, and that is HDCP. Do you have any inline components that the HDMI cable passes through prior to the TV? Either way, that behavior happening when on or off is odd.

Probably nothing to worry about. A message about some process not working prematurely pops up but the process completes normally and kills the message. Minor software bug and will probably disappear in a future update.

Reactions: ChairBound
HDMI performs a "handshake" - a confirmation that the Dish receiver is connected to an accepted output to watch TV. As one example - if you want to watch a 1080P movie the system makes sure your TV can actually watch in 1080P.
When the Hopper reboots there is a short time where the connection has not been established, and it gives a false feedback that there is not a compatible TV hooked up to watch with an HDMI cable. You see it for such a short time because that's all it takes to reestablish the connection. It isn't a bug or anything to even give a thought about.

Reactions: ChairBound
Like a bad penny, it seems to get turned back on following every software update since its introduction. :rolleyes:
Part of each update may have fixes or improvements to this function. A TV that didn't work may now work...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)