Messed up my "move"- is there a fix?

To see the news of course :p

Nice ones about the telescope...:)

OK - so I moved the 500 dish to another location that has what I believe is a clear shot to 77. I can get about a 50% signal on TP01, but absolutely nothing on TP02 where my locals are supposed to be. How is that possible if this is a CONUS beam?! Is it possible that Dish didn't set my HD locals to the new service address? Is that part of what they do that's separate from the SD locals?

Does your receiver identify it as sat 77? It sounds to me either your lnb is losing the even transponders or your looking at the wrong sat.

Does your receiver identify it as sat 77? It sounds to me either your lnb is losing the even transponders or your looking at the wrong sat.

Yes, it shows sat 77 in the pointing screen and the details page that shows the switches. My understanding is that there are two different satellites there (6/8), and I remember reading somewhere hear that 77 is can be difficult to find - could that have anything to do with it? I'm about 120 miles as the crow flies from Pittsburgh, so I would think that I'm in the beam for that market.

Yes, it shows sat 77 in the pointing screen and the details page that shows the switches. My understanding is that there are two different satellites there (6/8), and I remember reading somewhere hear that 77 is can be difficult to find - could that have anything to do with it? I'm about 120 miles as the crow flies from Pittsburgh, so I would think that I'm in the beam for that market.
You may not be on 77. Go to this site and verify your pointing angles. Satellite dish look angle pointer calculator

It's no fun being a newbie. I thought I knew what I was doing when I moved my service address, but I messed up my HD locals.

I'm in the Akron, OH area and "moved" to a Pittsburgh suburb, so I went from spot beam 25 to 26 for HD locals. According to the spot beam maps, I'm between the blue and green zones in the beam, but when I check transponder 10 for satellite 129 I only have about a 10% signal. I'm assuming that my TurboHD dish isn't going to pull in the signal, but am I too far out to get a decent signal if I put my old 500 dish back up and point it to 129?

If I can't fix it and have to move back, can I expect to get a lot of grief from Dish? Thanks in advance for any help.

You might want to consider buying a $50/75 dollar 36 inch dish for 129w. That would fix your problem but would need a switch to combine with your other satellites.

Are you getting the other even tps? I'm pointed at 77 w/ a dish 500 w/ a single LNB that has the I-adapter and no problem in picking up even your tp 2.

whatchel1 said:
Are you getting the other even tps? I'm pointed at 77 w/ a dish 500 w/ a single LNB that has the I-adapter and no problem in picking up even your tp 2.

I would suspect the lnb is losing evens. With that strength on tp 1 there should be something on tp 2 also.

I did get signal up to 40 or 50% on some other even tp's but no matter what I did I couldn't get anything on tp2. One thing I noticed was that all the tp's I got a decent signal on had channels that were directed at the southern states. I thought it was pretty strange. I mounted the dish at two completely different locations to rule out anything blocking me, but no luck. I tried 129 also and got 0 signal on tp10.

I'm not easily beaten, but I have given up for now. Thanks to all who tried to help me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts